Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

PhoneScoop: Review of the myTouch 3G Slide, plus Specs

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by SteveW, May 30, 2010.

1. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    In the last few days PhoneScoop posted its full review of the myTouch 3G Slide.

Also, a regular PhoneScoop entry for the phone, with full specs, is up just in time for this week's release of the phone and those user "reviews" (i.e. anecdotal accounts ;)).

SW

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Reading that review they mention the keyboard wasn't the greatest. And mentioned that with the larger screen swype worked just as good if not better. :(

3. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Keyboard feel and screen vs. physical keyboards are matters of personal preference. I don't put too much weight on what a reviewer says regarding these, because I want to test them for myself.

More troubling to me, is the fact that the phone, unlike the myTouch 3G or G1, has no physical call/green or end/red buttons, and the Search button in the original myTouch is replaced by the "Genius" button. I'm not sure I'm going to like these pretty profound changes. I guess it will all depend on the implementation of the soft buttons that replace them.

Another very surprising thing, revealed in the PhoneScoop spec sheet for the phone, is that apparently there is only 100 MB of internal, user-accessible memory. On the G1, even though the official specs are: 256 MB ROM/ 192 MB RAM, there is only 74 MB of RAM available to user applications (according to the Useful Switchers application on my phone. PhoneScoop lists it as 71 MB). The pre-release specs on the myTouch 3G slide indicate that it is supposed to have 512 MB ROM/ 512 MB RAM. But if only 100 MB is available, what good is the 512 MB spec? Now I don't have tons of apps, but I was still hoping for a bit more headroom. I hope PhoneScoop isn't accurate in this case, but we'll see.

SW

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Very true, keyboards are a personal thing. Just like most didn't like the Cliq KB, but I thought it was very nice. And Phonescoop tends to mess up on specs all the time. But will will know soon enough what they really are. :)