Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Phone Software Update nokia

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by walkguru, Aug 24, 2006.

1. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,1522,,00.html?orig=/softwareupdate

Latest News
    Nokia Opens Up Firmware Updates
    Today, 3:14 PM source: Nokia

Nokia has launched a new site helps users to update selected phones on their own. The Software Update center provides step by step instructions and software to update a number of recent S60 smartphones using a PC. The site also provides instructions on updating the 6131, a newer clamshell phone, over the air. The smartphones are limited to late model S60 version 2 handsets such as the popular N70 and the 6682 sold on Cingular. Handsets with carrier customized software, can only be updated to the most recent customized version, not an unlocked one. A number of sources have said more phones will be added to the updater as soon as September.

Software

Phone Software Update

FAQ

Home | Phones | Accessories | Music | Shop | Support | Business | Investors | Operators | About Nokia
    Club Nokia | Developers | Careers

© Nokia 2006. Site Terms | Privacy Policy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    This is interesting - I hadn't seen this before. Is this another reason for getting the 6131 over the SunCom or Fido versions of the 6126? Looks like with the 6131 you can get the real Nokia update rather than it being filtered through some carrier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: LG-CU500 Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

It sure sounds like it. I think i would rather have it because of the radio and mem card.