Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

phone showing EV not digital

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by pepster2, Aug 27, 2006.

1. pepster2

pepster2 New Member

My Phone:
    razr v3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    alltel
    My Razr has started showing EV where it use to show Digital. The lady at the store says it is a high speed tower not to worry. Yesterday when it started I had just charged the battery. I used it for about 25 minutes of calls and then on standby. By 6 pm it was blinking low battery and then died. Does this ev signal use battery life much faster?. She said it is only on the Razr and the e815. Can I shut it off some way?

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Yep, that is high speed EVDO data. It should not cause your battery to drain quicker unless you are downloading some large files to your phone. Not sure what would cause the battery to drain that quick.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. racquetballer

racquetballer Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX11000 enV® TOUCH Ver
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW (Evil Empire) & Alltel
    Does it show EVDO all the time? Some markets are testing EVDO before they roll it out. When they are testing it switches back and forth from EVDO to D and it will kill your battery fast. Once they roll out EVDO permanatly than you will not have the battery drain problem.

4. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I just talked to a person at Alltel, and they almost guarenteed that Rogers City WILL have Ev-Do by the end of fall. Due to the new Large Power Plant.