Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Phone Question

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by Crazyboy, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon...Maybe Cingular AGAIN
    Well today at BestBuy I signed up for Cingular and had my paperwork all filled out when they came back and said the phone I was getting is out of stock. (Samsung P107) I was told that they are getting 3 in on Friday. By chance if they dont have these phones on Friday I will have to look at othe camera phones. I really dont like the LG L1200 and I seemed to have some bad luck with LG's (Went through 7 VX6000's :mad: ) I was wondering if ou guys could give me a quick and simple review on the Moto V400. It seems like a lot of them have problems and know there might be a high chance I will get a bad one.
    Thanks,
    Crazyboy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    There's always a chance you could get a bad V400, but what you need to do is test everything you can ASAP. If everything seems ok, there might be some other things you could be dissapointed with such as the low volume earpiece and some occasional rebooting. These issues you can fix them yourself as I did. I understand a customer shouldn't have to fix a manufacturer's mistakes, but for me, that was the only way to get a really good V400. I upgraded the firmware and I had never seen the phone rebooting or freezing again. It works perfectly as far software stability is concerned. I modified its internal settings to make the earpiece sound with reasonably good volume. Featurewise, the phone is good. I can't complain. It has a basic camera, nothing to be surprised about. The screen has very NICE color definition. The size could've been better. Also, battery life could be better. That's why I bought the extended battery. The sound quality is on the high end, but it is not a record-breaker. The software interface is a great improvement from how confusing Motorolas traditionally were. I'd say it is one of the best interfaces Motorola has ever had. But don't be surprised yet, Nokia has a neater and more organized interface. But by Motorola's standards, the V400's software interface is excellent.

The microphone on the V400 will not make you sound tinny, nor muffled to other callers. It is tuned just right.

Reception is great, just like any other high end phone.

The V400 may be a bit bulky and heavy for some users, but once you get used to that it no longer becomes an issue.

Ask away if you need to know anything else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...