Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Phone or service provider?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have the Samsung sch-3500 on the Sprint PCS network. The combo works pretty well, except when I'm inside certain buildings (including my apartment, unfortunately). Also, the battery barely lasts through the weekend with fairly light call use. Yes, I have upgraded the s/w - a few times.

My question is, is the reception due to the phone or to Sprint PCS?

I live in Philly, but make a lot of calls to (and from) the NYC / Long Island area. I was considering switching to Verizon (both Sprint and Verizon offer discounts through my employer). From what I read here, both providers will work well in these areas, with Verizon having a slight edge coverage-wise

Finally, I'm considering a PDA/Phone combo. I like Palm and don't need color, so I'm looking at the Kyocera 6035 "smartphone".

Does anyone have experience or comments on the in-building reception of these phones/providers?

Thanks!
    Ro

2. markv83

markv83 Member

Certain phone types can definitly make a difference when trying to pick up a signal. I think Sanyo phones by Sprint turn out the best reception. Hope I was a little help.
    Mark

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    You may want to try the new Sanyo 4900 so far I have heard nothing but good things about it and reception wise it is suppose to do very well from what I hear.

4. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I can also vouch for the 4900. I bought one and it slighty outperforms my Kyocera 2255 in signal. The battery life is exceptional and even has "sleep mode" which saves even more battery life when in stand by.