Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Phone or network problem?

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by Lumpy11, Sep 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lumpy11

Lumpy11 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung J7
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Boost
    Just bought a SECOND Samsung J7 that has the same problem as the first: complaints from others that I fade in and out, sound distant. I hear others fine. Previously had a Galaxy Prevail--no problems. All phones used on Boost. Any thoughts appreciated.S

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    If you go further than 2 miles from where you are and get the same results, its not the tower you are connecting to. If feasible, try it in several towns that are at least a few miles apart. From what I read, Boost mobile buys time both on CDMA and GSM networks (Sprint & T-Mobile). But according to this, it is a subsid of Sprint.

Years ago I heard that CDMA transmissions sounded as if the mobile user is talking in a tunnel, but I don't know if that is still true today.

If you know of anyone else in your circle of acquaintances that uses Boost but has a different phone, ask to try their phone. It is probably better for you to work with Boost, if they have a technical support line, than shooting in the dark here.

Finally, not sure how accurate their map is, but I found this on BoostMobile's website: https://www.boostmobile.com/coveragemap/

#2 KevinJames, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  3. Lumpy11

Lumpy11 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung J7
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Boost

4. Lumpy11

Lumpy11 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung J7
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Boost
    Thanks for the advice. I've been reluctant to contact Boost because I've found their CS agents a little sketchy in the past, but I'll wade in and see what I can find out.