Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Phone insurance? Do you recommend it?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by comptalk, Feb 26, 2009.

1. comptalk

comptalk New Member

Does anyone recommend phone insurance?

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I only insured my smartphones since they are very costly (even with a contract sometimes)... my Pearl retails for $400 :rolleyes: I would die if I lost that phone. I am going to drop it next month since I can get an annual upgrade and I can then downgrade my phone and data plan. When I had my lower tier basic phones (LG, Samsung A930), I didn't insure those since they are relatively cheap to replace...

I found out that in Florida, the insurance doubles as the warranty extender:D

All in all, I wouldnt insure a phone that is available as free with a contract... I am not reckless with the devices so insurance is a waste for the most part... it is only a security blanket for me

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Part of me want to insure my phone when it's new.... but then again i always feel like i want to insure something when its new....

...in the end, I never did have any use for insurance and was glad i never got it.

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I haven't paid the extra amount for insurance in over 13 years. I take very good care of my phones, so I've never had a situation where insurance was needed.

Would I recommend it? No, but this is just my opinion. If you feel you need it for the phone you have, spend the extra $ for peace of mind.

I like to keep my cell phone bill as low as possible, so paying an extra $5 for insurance I don't use is not worth it for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lonewolf85

Lonewolf85 Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have to agree with Quint, getting insurance on smarthphones is probably worth it. Then again as Mike said if you are careful with your then it is probably not needed. It could also depend on the situation you are in, for instances I have 2 year old who likes to play with daddy's phone (BB Curve 8830). It's been ok so far but having insurance on my phone I know that if he does accidently do something too it I won't be paying around $500 to replace it.

6. JasonLAllerdings

JasonLAllerdings Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG Octane
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I don't have insurance on either mine or my girlfriend's phones, but I do have it on my daughter's phone. Kids are rough on stuff and she especially so (bent the frame on her bike when she wrecked riding down the street - no idea how).

7. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

Asurion is the worst company to do business with. The recondition phones they send out are junk! I have used them adleast 5 times over the years. Every-time I had a replacement phone it had to be returned several times becuae some thing was wrong.

8. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik New Member

My Phone:
    LG Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I too have insurance on both mine and my wife's phones. I have a voyager and she has a V9M. It's really more for her since she is klutzy but I sure wouldn't want to pay for another voyager unless I have to. I'm actually on my third voyager but they were all replacements within the one year warrantee.

9. Underwriter

Underwriter Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T730
    I got my first cell phone 12/1995. The cost over that time would have been $780 per phone! I had 5 phones on my plan for 5 of those years. Count the total cost and consider the deductible. It is not worth the cost.