Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Personalized ringtones randomly switching on the a530?

Discussion in 'SAMSUNG' started by bobby19711, May 27, 2003.

1. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Personalized ringtone auto switching on the a530?

I think I have seen one or two posts about this, but I just wanted to check with everyone. Is everyone having the problem with the a530 where when they assign ringtones to people in their phonebook, the rings get randomly switched? Does anyone know a fix for this, or should I just take the phone back?

2. j6

j6 New Member

I have had three of them and I have having the same problem with all three??????? I am not sure what the deal is! Jay

3. li1128

li1128 New Member

it happens to me as well

4. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    did you guys use GAGIN or Bitpim to put tones on the phone? Or did you use Get It Now? I am just wondering if this is something that everyone is dealing with or just people that put the tones on themselves without Get it Now.

5. li1128

li1128 New Member

i used get it now.

6. babyyuj112

babyyuj112 New Member

I used the Get it now service and I had the exact same problem. I went to my verizon store today to exchange my phone and none of the guys working there had heard of this problem. does anyone know how to fix it?

7. Rafale

Rafale Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Please be more specific people!

Under EXACTLY which conditions does this occur?

What exactly is the switching part? For ex, I have Melody 10 assigned to Mr. X and after many power on/off cycles, Melody 10 is still assigned to Mr. X. Is this what you guys are reffering to? In your cases, Melody 10 will be changed to something else?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Caasheew

Caasheew Member

What happnes in my case is this.

1) It only happens with downloaded ringtones.

2) It happened with ringtones from GIN

3) It also happned with the ringtones I later added through GAGIN

4) With every custom ringtone i set, It will always switch to the one before it in the list. So if i pick the 8th ringtone in my list, it will switch to the 7th.

Does this seem to be the same as everyone else who has this problem?

I hope there will be a software update to fix this. At the least its very annoying.

9. babyyuj112

babyyuj112 New Member

I'm having the EXACT same problem as the gentleman above.

10. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah, when I went to the store and asked them about it they told me that they have not heard about the problem at all. I swapped it for a new one and the same thing happened again. Hopefully there will be an update, but the people at verizon said that this may not be something that is very high on their priority list so it may take a while.

11. Caasheew

Caasheew Member

Yes it probably will be awhile. As far as errors go, its not a serious one. But at the same time, after delaying the phones release to fix things, I was hoping things like this wouldn't slip through. Oh well. I will just wait and see what happens. I can always Beat the system though. If i want the 8th ringtone in my list, I will just set the 9th and wait for it to switch. [​IMG]

Doesn't happen to all my phonebook entries though..... So I think there is a bit more to this than meets the eye.

12. empaladrummer

empaladrummer New Member

here's what happened to mine. it might be a coinsidence (sp?) , but here's what happened .

My phonebook, and ringer IDS kept switching back to not the ringer above the selected one, but the first one i downloaded (modtones). they kept switching back to that one. So I erased that ringtone, and since then, none of my ringer IDs have changed, they've all stayed the same as i assign.

13. hockeyman

hockeyman New Member

Ok lisen up all....when you download from gin and asign a ringtone to a person in ur fone book it get switched back ONLY when you enter gin agian...soo another words download all the ring tones you want assign them then enevr go into gin agian lol....the only problem there is if you play games....i have no idea why this is hapening but i am hoping for a software update soon and maby that will fix it...otherwise just try not to enter gin to much and if u do just switch them back its a hassel but better then being confused when som1 calls....

14. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah, it seems to only happen when you use GIN. I remember seeing a post somewhere saying that this happened when you use the web, but that doesn't seem to happen to me.

15. damartian

damartian Junior Member

i recently posted about this and i even called samsung. they know about the problem
    go here for more info

16. crystina18

crystina18 New Member

I noticed with my phone that it happens only to the ringster tone i downloaded but the modtone ringer are fine.

17. hockeyman

hockeyman New Member

ok i know that this really sux about the switching of ring tones and the only way to fix it is with a softwar update but when is there gonna be one for the a530 does any1 know??

18. hockeyman

hockeyman New Member

ok i know this really sux about ring tones switching and its getting really annoying switching them all back but does any1 know when there will be a software udate to fix this??