Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Payment plan on huge bill?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by edacsac, Jan 9, 2007.

1. edacsac

edacsac New Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with paying off a large overage over time. I have an old sprint plan I've had for 8 years, and last month I talked too much (bad month over all). Went $300+ over my normal bill, and although it's not due yet and I did call sprint about a payment plan, I'm doubting they'll let me take 6 months to pay it off while continuing service. I could double my normal bill and get it payed down in 5-6 months

Appreciate any experience one this.

#1 edacsac, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  2. efreeman1980

efreeman1980 New Member

Call in to customer service and ask if you can upgrade your plan in order to have the overage on last months bill reduced. If they say no, ask them what they are able to do. If they still say no, just say you've talked with other sprint customers who've done it before and ask to talk with a supervisor.

3. edacsac

edacsac New Member

That sounds like a pretty snazzy idea! I will call them. Has that worked for you or anyone you know?

4. efreeman1980

efreeman1980 New Member

Worked for me in the past with both text messaging overages and minute overages. Last time I did it was about 5 months ago with text messages, I switched to unlimited to get the charges removed.

5. edacsac

edacsac New Member

They aren't having any of that...

6. efreeman1980

efreeman1980 New Member

See if you can get through to the retention department. They are usually able to do more than the standard customer service. Tell them you've been a customer for 8 years, and can't believe they can't do that when other companies will. Make them believe you are thinking about switching service.

7. edacsac

edacsac New Member

I actually got through to the supervisor, and he had me renew my contract for two years (that I just renewed last July), so it only turns out to be another six month extension, and he split my overage charges in half. I think that was pretty cool considering I went $300 over. Plus I like sprint, so I don't mind sticking around in contract a little longer. I would have upgraded my plan, but he said new plans are comming out on the 14th.

Thanks for your advice efreeman1980!!

8. efreeman1980

efreeman1980 New Member

Good job! Glad to hear you got the amount reduced

9. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Glad to hear you got it straightened out. I was going to say that Cingular once allowed me to go to a higher rateplan, and make it retroactive to cover the overage.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...