Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Pantech UM175AL Disconnect

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by HakSoft8387, Nov 4, 2008.

1. HakSoft8387

HakSoft8387 New Member

I just purchased an air card from Alltel. Since my housing complex is newer, there will not be cable lines for about another year.

For the past 6 months i was using my Cellphone (Rokr) as my internet connection. I spoke with a buddy who works at alltel and he told me to upgrade to the air card not only bc it would be faster, but Rev A would be comming to my area soon.

I signed the contact, got the card, and all is well.

I have uninstalled my old drivers for my phone, installed new drivers for air card, and i have run into a huge prob.

It can be 10 min, or 30 min, but my net will drop connection.
    I am no loosing service, and the connection is no idle as i used my phone for 6 months with not one disconnect ever.

I am running Windows XP PRO, SP3.

i have resorted to a down load manager just to be able to watch any kind of videos or get any kinda large files.

I have called customer service, and of course while i was on the phone it stay connected the whole time.

I dont get any errors, or any alerts other than my connection is lost.

If anyone has had any prob similar please give me a hand,

I can give you any kinda info you need about my pc, and i have tried to use Alltel's software, and even tried settin up a manual connection, with the same results.

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

When it disconnects, is it a timeout of inactivity?

3. HakSoft8387

HakSoft8387 New Member

No, i have set the connection to never time out. I have called Alltel two times, and they give me the same crap answers.

The air card has two telephones numbers. MIN and MDN..
    i set up a connection using the MIN and my connection has been steady for 3 hours now and it is much faster,

Not sure if this will fix the prob or not.

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

The MIN is NOT a telephone number. The MDN is. The MIN is used to identify the phone internally on the system. When you request a phone number change, 99% of the time only the MDN changes but the MIN stays the same.

5. HakSoft8387

HakSoft8387 New Member

so what is the difference. if i set up a user with the MIN, its much faster and stable.... if i use the MDN it will lose connection alot.

Is there any harm in dialing in with the MIN?

6. Yourcongressman

Yourcongressman New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung U490
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    because that MIN may be the MDN of another account!

7. HakSoft8387

HakSoft8387 New Member

to this day, alltel still has no answer. I am canceling all 5 lines and moving to T mobile.

i can not believe they would sell me somthing, and then tell me to get use to the disconnects. i dont understand why a tethered phone would stay connected fine, but an actual modem would have so many probs.

I am sure with verizon taking over the probs will only get worse, with there 5gb cab on the wireless internet plans.. who the hell would only use 5 gig. I guess i am the fool for moving into a new part of town with no cable. :(:mad:

Alltel has really let me down