Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Overcharged by Sprint - Need assistance ASAP!!!!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by bnell, Jan 31, 2002.

1. bnell

bnell New Member

Hi,

I've been a Sprint customer for about 2 1/2 years. Until very recently I was using a Sanyo phone and never had any dispute concerning minutes used. I changed over to an older model Touchpoint phone because my Sanyo phone stopped working. This is the first bill I've received since using the Touchpoint. The problem is that Sprint is saying that I exceeded my anytime minutes by 45 minutes. I know this is not correct because it was the last day of my billing cycle and I made a point of calling *4 that morning to see how many unused minutes I had. According to Sprint's system I had 98 unused minutes. I kept track of my minutes to make sure I had not exceeded 98. I have never exceeded my minutes by anything close to 45 minutes since I've had Sprint!

Has anyone had success disputing Sprint's charges? If so how did you go about it?

Thanks for your help! I really need an answer right away because I only have about another week to dispute. Thanks again!

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi bnell,

The charges may very well be accurate and true. If you were roaming off their network, analog and/or digital, they may not have received the bill from Verizon until a month or more later. All carriers pretty much state that any roaming minutes that hit their accounting department are counted against the current billing cycle.

As an example: Lets say you have a 500-minute plan. In month one you use 500 minutes, but 100 of those were roaming so your bill only shows 400 minutes used. In month two, the same thing happens. In month three, the same thing EXCEPT that Sprint finally gets the bill from Verizon and suddenly your bill shows 600 minutes of use. (400 on-network, current month plus 200 off-network from months one and two.)

This is well-documented as something that consumers need to watch for, but most don't until it happens to them.

Kevin

3. bnell

bnell New Member

Thanks Kevin,

But I know I was'nt roaming and my bill does'nt indicate that these are roaming charges.

4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    In that case, I apologize. I don't know what the issue might be.

(The only time I open my mouth is to change feet.)

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    They usually don't make mistakes like that. There was some reason why you were charged what you were charged. There were a couple times when I thought I have been overcharged for something but then after studying it carefully, realized that they weren't mistakes.

6. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    45 minutes is alot at their standard of .40 cents a minute. They also tell you that the timmer is not 100% accurate. Check you bill maybe you forgot to end a call and it stayed on for awile. Being a sprint customer for 2 1/2 years they want you to be happy. Talk to customer care and see what they will do.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...