Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

options for transferring contacts from other phones into iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by opsanustao, Mar 1, 2014.

1. opsanustao

opsanustao New Member

The family is changing carriers and all 3 lines will be on iPhone 5s. The older phones are of 2 types, a Samsung smartphone and 2 older Nokia non-smartphones. What is the best/easiest way to transfer contacts? With the current carrier, I have the option of downloading the contacts from our acct. website, in .csv or .vcf formats, and I have already done that. Will either of those read into the iPhone (maybe from desktop computer via bluetooth?) and establish a usable contacts list? Or is there a better way? The new carrier (Verizon) tells me they "may be able" to transfer the contacts if we bring the older phones to a store. But I would prefer to have another option available.

2. Ceciclia Garcia

Ceciclia Garcia New Member

To be honest, it is not an easy thing to transfer Android contacts to iPhone or export iPhone contacts to Android phone. That's because neither Android nor iPhone allows users to freely save contacts to other devices. Take it easy. There is always a way out. With a right third-party program, you will be able to freely sync contacts between Android and iPhone as you need. And it is fully compatible with almosta all Android and iOS devices, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, which is designed to help users easily share all files between smart phones.

3. Emily Baker

Emily Baker New Member

Under this circumstances, we could like to recommend a reliable yet professional phone transfer program for your iPhone or Android mobile phone - Mobile Phone Data Transfer. With it, you can easily and quickly copy data like contacts, messages, photos, books, etc. between iPhone and Android phone with zero data losing.

4. fyrfyter33

fyrfyter33 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I disagree completely. It’s simple to backup all your contacts to Google/Gmail and easy to transfer them back onto an iPhone or Android device.

The non-smartphones are the problem. There really isn’t a way to sync them. Verizon is correct, your only option for those devices may be taking them into the store. Hopefully you can still find a store with a cellebrite device that can transfer non-smartphone contacts off. The last time I saw this happen was Blackberry to Android switching, from a government rep in the field.