Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Opting out of Alltel Contract?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by jfair9, Jul 8, 2008.

1. jfair9

jfair9 New Member

Problem: My girl friend and I are trying to get a family share package with either Alltel or Verizon. I currently have a Verizon contract through 3/2009 and she has an Alltel contract through 11/2009. One would think that the only way to get on a combined plan would be for one of use to break our contract (paying the rediculous early termination fee) and sign up with the others company. or is that true....?

Need: I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the new merger that would allow either of us to opt out of our contract? The catch is that she wants a new phone and therefore needs to be able to come in as a new customer in order to get the kick back they give for new customers and signing a new 2 year contract. Any thoughts / suggestions?

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, there is nothing about the pending merger that would allow you to opt out of your contract. You'll probably just hjave to wait until the merger goes through and the Alltel accounts are moved to the Verizon billing system in order for you to be on the same account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...