Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Price Versus In Store Price

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by palandri, Jul 11, 2017.

1. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    This has to be the dumbest thing I have ran into. If one of these stores don't get nailed for bait and switch, I would be surprised. It has now happened to me at Best Buy and Sears.

I found an item at Best Buy that I wanted. I go to the store and it's $30 more. I tell the salesperson it's $30 cheaper online. He said the online prices change all the time and if the item was still $30 cheaper online I could get it at that price, if not, there was nothing he could do. Luckily it was still $30 cheaper online, so I got it for the online price.

The same thing just happen at Sears. The item was cheaper online and included free delivery. The salesperson told me their was no manager on, so she couldn't bypass the $65 delivery fee. I left and ordered it online. I saved money on the item and got free delivery.

My wife works retail and tells me that happens to her all the time. They change the online price, but don't tell the stores. My wife said they just sell for the online price at that point.

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; MTS
    With Best Buy I usually buy online with in-store pickup or just have them match Amazon :)

palandri likes this.
  3. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Moto X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Republic Wireless
    It makes sense that it's easier/quicker/cheaper to change on-line prices, but they are training people to shop on-line in detriment to their physical stores. Inevitable anyway I suppose.

charlyee and palandri like this.
  4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Yes, same here. BB appears to be quite good at matching prices. With my last large purchase, they matched the B&H price. Although B&H would still have been cheaper since they don't charge any tax.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

palandri likes this.
  5. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    ^^This^^ They complain that internet shopping is hurting their brick & mortar stores, but they are contributing to it.

QLR and charlyee like this.
  6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    palandri likes this.