Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Online deals for Verizon?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by MrMilo, Aug 1, 2002.

1. MrMilo

MrMilo New Member

I'm seeking advice on finding an online deal from Verizon. They seem to be the stingiest in terms of giving out deals on phones and free minutes, not to mention who they allow to market their service. Amazon, GetConnected, Point, and other well-known places don't seem to sell VZ's stuff. Why is that?

Anyway, a few notes on where I'm coming from in all of this: I'll soon be living in Brooklyn, NY and I'm leaning heavily toward Verizon for my first cell phone (see my post in the "New to Wireless" forum on trying to decide between Verizon and Sprint). Currently I am in the San Francisco area and will be driving across the country (with my stuff) to get to NY. I'd like to have the phone for that drive. But I'll need the phone to be programmed for NY, where I'll be using it almost exclussively after that first week (or so) on the road. Hence the emphasis on online retailers; I can't go into a Bay Area storefront and get a NY-programmed phone from them. Besides, if I have problems with the phone, I'd never again have access to the place I got it.

So there's my dillema: getting a NY-programmed Verizon phone to the Bay Area without paying VZ's outrageous phone costs. Ultimately I could walk into a Verizon storefront and I think they'd get me a NY-programmed phone (at least that is what one CSR told me). But I'd really like to avoid paying $280 for a V60i or 4230 for a VX1.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

MrMilo, I work at a cell-phone/satelite/electronics store here in the NYC tri-state area. Probably about 20-25 miles from NYC, in NJ. We would have no problem sending a phone out to you. Just let me know, which plan you will be looking at getting and which phones. I'll get back to you with the prices.

3. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

Don't get voice stream..they have horrible coverage in the NY area. Also the GSM network is no where as big as the CDMA network (Verizon).

4. Willie828

Willie828 New Member

Can you please give me a prices for an inexpensive Verizon plan (minimum hours).

I live in Westchester County, NY and I currently have an AT&T plan which costs about $19/month.

Also, can you give me a price for the new Motorola V60i (Verizon)?

Thanks

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    That's odd Get Connected actually sells Verizon Wireless for my zip code. That's the only place I can think of online that sells Verizon Wireless for me though, not many online reseller's seem to carry them.

6. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    LOL! @ Joe, why are you beating so hard on VS and Sprint?...no one is talking about them right now...lol..you're funny!

Dobby, doesn't Mr Milo need a NYC mailing address before you guys can sign him up?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Willie828, The cheapest verizon is $25. This is a hush-hush plan since we make no commision on it.

bobolito, No he wouldn't need an NYC address.

8. Joe0378

Joe0378 Senior Member

LOL =)

I want to make sure no one gets them. IMy ex gf has Sprint....horrible reception. My girlfriends brother has VS....very bad. I just liek Verizon. I've had them for 3 years now and find their coverage areas superior compared to any other carrier. =)

9. MrMilo

MrMilo New Member

Thanks for the offer, dobby10, but 20 miles outside of NYC doens't help me all that much. I won't have a car once I get to Brooklyn, and that would make troubleshooting a problem. It's even more of a risk considering this will be my only phone. If I need service, I'll need to get it done asap (which is an argument against getting a plan via Web site, I know ... I'm thinking more and more that I'll just have to suck it up and go to Verizon directly and pay their exorbitant phone prices).

As for GetConnected, TNDan21, all I get from them is plans from ATT, Sprint, and VS.

It sucks, b/c I keep seeing ads in the Village Voice for the phones I want (V60i or VX1) for about $150 less than VZ wants for them. Oh well.

Ok, whining time is over. Think I'll ring up Verizon now and bite the bullet.[​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Verizon has a $50 off rebate for that Motorola V60i. Gets price down to $199. Just hit Online Exclusive on Verizonwireless.com home page.

11. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    What does the $25 dollar plan include? I'm currently using FreeUp but have considered switching to a rate plan but the 35 dollars a month is just too expensive for my tastes. 25 might be quite workable though depending on what it includes.

12. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

It depends where you live. In NYC area I believe you get 45 min. And can add 500 Weekend minutes for $4.99 or 500 night and weekend for $9.99. If you want I can try to get more information on it.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for giving us the real scoop on the Verizon $25 plan.

Can you please get more information for me?

I live in Westchester County, NY.

Thanks again!