Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

One touch voicemail with Nokia 5180i?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just switched to Verizon and got the Nokia 5180i phone free. I am very happy with it, except I'm confused about the voice mail access. The manual says that you can just press "Listen" (the Navi key) when you have a voice mail waiting, as long as you've programmed your password into the phone. I've done that, but anytime I press "Listen", James Earl Jones voice comes on <G> and denies me access. I then have to press *86, send, and enter my password, and then that works. I get lots of messages each day with my business and I need a quicker way to do this. Any tips?

Thanks!

2. DiverDown

DiverDown Member

Plese don't make up an excuse that your two lazy to type in your voice mail password, not even I the laziest man alive has gotten to that level.

Unfortuantely though even on the top of the line v60 the only thing it has is one button speeddial to voice mail preprogrammed in the phone as the 1 key, which is something you could do on basically any phone, I haven't herad of one where you don't have to type your password.

Though on my dad's original microtac phone, it had a setup where once you got to voicemail you coudl preprogram the phone to just press send again when it promps you for your password, and you would hear the phone beep the 4 digit code. Also that phone also had the capability when you paged someone, to press send and it would autmatically type in your phone number, I always found that feature to be a very cool one, wonder what happened to it.

3. erub

erub Junior Member

My friend doesn't have to put his password in with Sprint PCS, so I called Cingular to ask them about it. This is how it works on my 3360 - it may or may not be the same. In the voice mail box number part, I put my cell phone number, then pressed the asterik key 3 times until a p appeared. This enters a pause..i have 4 of them (Cingular sometimes takes a while to answer - you may not need 4), then a 1 (required to interrupt greeting), then another p, then my password. Not sure if it work make it any faster though.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, thanks! I tried your directions and they worked perfectly! I feel like I've beaten the system <G>.

Now, I guess I have another question, does anyone know how to change the banner? It says "Verizon" and I'd like to personalize it :)

Thanks again!