Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

One hand Dialing

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by vroberts, Jan 18, 2006.

1. vroberts

vroberts Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i (3)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I currently use a StarTac ST7868W on the Verizon network. One of the many features I like about this phone is the ability to make a call to any number in my contact list using only my left hand. I am right handed, but I can open the phone, press the center button on the left side to bring up the menu, press the center button again to selec the Phine Book, scroll down using the lower side button and the press and hold the center button to place the call. All with one hand.

I need to replace the StarTac because of the E911 requirements. My new phone needs to be tri-mode with either Bluetooth or IrDA capability. That means it will be the Nokia 6256i. As far as I can tell, it is not possible to place a call with only one had using this phone. Is this correct? While I'm not gojng to switch to a phone that is not tri-mode and does not have either Bluetooth or IrDA, I'm curious if other phones allow one-hand dialing.

2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I don't know the 6256i specifically, but every Nokia that I've owned can do this. And since all the Nokia OS is basically the same, my guess is that you can too on that phone.

I have a five way center button (that looks the same as on the 6251i). pressing it down(the lower rocker) pulls up the list of names in the phone book. using the same button, I scroll down the list. When highlighted, I press 'send'. It all can be done with my left thumb.

Instead of scrolling down, you can also enter the first letter from the keypad (again with your thumb) to jump to an phonebook entry.

3. vroberts

vroberts Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i (3)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks. I was playing with my StarTac and decided that I could use my thumb to reach the front of the phone if that was necessary. Stll not as convenient though as those side controls on the Startac :)