Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Ohio Coverage

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by Pitapony, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Pitapony

Pitapony New Member

My brother lives in Berlin Heights, OH and I'm trying to convince him he CAN save money on all the long distance calls he makes to his children and grandchildren living in the southern, warm, states. I've suggested Verizon but it doesn't appear they have service in his area. Does anyone know of ANY carrier that serves the Berlin Heights area? (Right along the Ohio Turnpike, about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. from the PA line.)
    Thanks

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well according to Lets talk.com and Point.com Berlin Heights, OH has the following carries : Alltel, Cingular Wireless, Nextel, Sprint PCS, VoiceStream Wireless, and MCI Worldcom. I can't really recommend a provider for that area but I will say this based on messages from this board whatever your brother does do NOT let him sign up with MCI Worldcom they are a reseller of service and have a horrible reputation on here they are to be avoided. I know out of those carries Cingular, Sprint PCS, and VoiceStream probabely are the best options for long distance, Nextel is more expensive and more for a business user and Alltel generally has better local plans although right now they do have a good local one for my area that includes long distance so you might want to check them out too. I'd say your best bet is to let your brother check out some of there websites, online coverage maps, and rate plans to narrow down what he likes and then start checking them out in the store. I am gonna give you some links below that might help him out.

ALLTEL

Cingular Wireless

Sprint PCS

VoiceStream

LetsTalk.com

Point.com

3. Pitapony

Pitapony New Member

Thanks, Dan.
    I sent my brother the URL's of this page and the one page for Cingular. Sheesh, are all men this thick??? How can he NOT see that wireless will save him money?

4. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    No, it will save him quite a bit money infact for instance all the minutes that I have with Suncom include long distance and by the time I pay taxes that roughly adds up to 1.8-1.9 cents a minute. On a home phone about the cheapest you can get long distance is 5 cents a minute and usually those plans carry some additonal monthly charge too. If you add up 5 cents a minute for a home long distance plan for 2,000 minutues of long distance that's $100 but on a cell phone I pay $37.38 including taxes plus I get Voicemail, Caller ID, Text Messaging, Call Waiting, Three Way Calling, and Detailed Billing included on my plan. The main reason why I got a cell phone was because I know some people scattered all through out the US and by getting a cell phone I am able to talk to them longer, cheaper, and more often.

5. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    PITAPONY

Here is some help from someone who lives in the cleveland ohio area.

1st Leave voicestream out There is no coverage in cleveland Ohio area yet. They say in a few months there will be coverage

GO with alltel I have personally had them for about 3 years and am satisfied with the carrier and they have some good promotions going on right now.

Any more ?'s just ask

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

You may already know this, but if you get Verizon's new America Choice plan - it includes agreements with Sprint and Alltel, thus probably providing the best digital coverage in the Cleveland area and all of Ohio. I don't know any plan that can beat the price and the coverage.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Anonymous,
    Verizon will only sell you a plan -- America's choice or otherwise -- if your billing address is in their service area. If they have no service in the area you are, you can't buy one of their plans. In this particular case, you could get the same COVERAGE from Alltel as they would roam on the Verizon network outside Oh. whether you'd WANT one of their plans is not for me to say....

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Jack...

coming soon !! The company I used to work for is working on that Voicestream Cleveland right now.......

9. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Do you have any exact dates on when voicestreams official roleout in cleveland is.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

I say wait for Voicestream. They will suite his needs with all of the anytime minutes that they give. They give more than any other company. You can check for yourself. All of there plans are Nationwide, Free Long Distance, Free Roaming. All of there anytime minutes are Nationwide, Free Long Distance, and Free Roaming. They don't have night minutes, but they give you enough anytime minutes to cover for it. They give you UNLIMITED minutes on all of their rate plans, except their $19.99 plan. There phones are great too, inexpensive for new members. I have had Voicestream for over a year now, and have only had one dropped call, which they sent me a new handset immediately with no-charge. If you want to GET great service for a great price, then GET MORE with Voicestream.