Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Official post your Home Tower picture thread

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by RJB, May 7, 2008.

1. jb198606

jb198606 New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless Since (2006)
    Yes the the tower is really tall. Its one that uses guide wires to hold it up ( don't know the technical name lol ). At my house I ended up having to install a WI-EX Cell Phone Repeater to grab the signal and boost it in my my house especially for my basement. That is also a good idea comparing my pictures to the other ones in my state.

2. Der84

Der84 EH!

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Rogers (2007-2011) Bell (2011-present)
    Not really a technical term for that tower. Just pretty much called a "guyed tower", ha ha.

Well, hope to see more pics from you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. locust43

locust43 New Member

How can you tell a GSM vs. CDMA panel

4. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    You cannot, since either digital modulation uses the same frequencies. However, you can spot the differences in size between cellular (850 MHz) band and PCS (1900 MHz) band antennas. Then you need to know who has licensed which band, for your next clue.

With two possible cellular licensees, and seven possible PCS licensees for a single area, it's hard to be sure on antenna alone.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tanners

Tanners New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless & Nemont Wireless
    Here is my home tower.. Compared to other peoples towers it is not very "beefy" but not a lot of people live in my area so it does what it has to do. This is not a major carrier cell site t is a local telecommunications company's tower.. It is CDMA only site running 1XRTT I have verizon and my phone roams on it since there is no verizon or alltel towers near me. The tower is about 6 miles out of my town on farm land. I can only call and text no data at all. Nemont is the name of this service they also do Phone, Internet, and some places cable. But they don't do there internet thru cable. (DSL) These sites are also used for people that want somewhat fast internet but faster then Dial up so if you are too far outta town or in a small town with no CO they will in stall a Point-of-sight internet system on your house for internet. It is slow compared to my DSL connection but a lot faster then Dial up. The speed depends on your location and speed also varies from how many people are using it. It is almost like a shared connection. (click on the pics for bigger view.)

Attached Files: