Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Odd Sprint question?

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by als1970, Feb 21, 2003.

1. als1970

als1970 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola MPX220
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Wireless
    I love my Sanyo 5300, but I don't get coverage in the areas where I need it the most. I also have a Siemens S46 with AT&T and get coverage where I really need it. Now my question is this. If I decide to cancel Sprint when my contract is up, will I still be able to play the games on my 5300? (The ones that don't expire). And will the camera still work? I know that I will no longer be able to upload my pics to the Sprint website, but can I still take pictures and play games?

2. Trached1

Trached1 Junior Member

Just buy a Game Boy Advance and sell the camera

3. jmccrane

jmccrane Bronze Senior Member

I agree, but yes you can still do those things if your heart desires.

4. SprintRocks

SprintRocks Junior Member

Which City and State are you living in?

5. als1970

als1970 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola MPX220
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Wireless
    Actually, I do have a Gameboy Advance [​IMG] I live in La Plata, Maryland. I get good reception in my house, but as soon as I am halfway down the road I live on I lose reception. I take my friends son to school everyday and pick him up in Bryans Road, Maryland and get no coverage there with Sprint. And when I travel in the opposite direction to the Walmart in La Plata I get no reception. I start getting reception again when I am almost to Waldorf which is almost 20 minutes to my house. Also, when I travel to my in-laws house in Heathsville, Viginia I get no coverage. I am definitely not paying roaming charges everytime I need to use my cell phone. My AT&T phone gets coverage everywhere, especially since it's one of the new GSM phones that also uses TDMA.

6. irish

irish Junior Member

Sell it and use the money to buy a real camera cuz it really isnt worth using it as just a camera... u can get a dig camera for the selling $ But u can still use yes but if u don't have data cable/software u can only take and store pics on phone...good luck!

7. JoeMama

JoeMama New Member

hey buddy,
    sprint now has unlimited roaming available in some markets...im not sure if yours is one of them, but call customer care to see if you can get it. basically this is how it works...as long as you initiate at least 50% of your calls from the sprint network, then you can use the rest of your minutes in a roaming area. its $10 on top of your plan every month, but it sounds like what you need. and im sure the 5300 looks way better than your att phone.

8. SprintRocks

SprintRocks Junior Member

Thats why I asked her what City and State she lived in to see if she would be able to take advantage of our roaming promotion.