Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NY/NJ All Digital or Tri Mode

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by aSperanza, Aug 12, 2004.

1. aSperanza

aSperanza Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I am a current verizon subscriber in the ny/nj area and was wondering if I need a tri mode phone or if I can go with all digital.

2. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)

You can go all-digital. There are no areas in the tri-state area without digital coverage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You should be fine with all digital. Technically my phone isn't a tri-mode and I have no problems whatsoever.

4. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I was in NY/NJ back in April...I had a tri-mode phone, but it never went into the analog mode...it stayed digital regardless of my location (both in manhattan or in upstate NJ)... :)

5. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I live in the NY Metro Region of CT. I have been all over CT, NYC area and Bergen County in NJ. I have never needed or used analog. If you find a phone that you like, do not hesitate because it does not have analog.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...