Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NW Connecticut coverage?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by pdkmd, Aug 13, 2002.

1. pdkmd

pdkmd New Member

I recently returned my Motorola 60 to Circuit City as the ATT service was terrible. In the New Milford,Danbury,Brookfield area lots of dropped calls or no coverage....Any suggestions??? I loved the phone but the service made it wothless in this area! Thanks..............

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    In that area service is spotty with almost any carrier. Give Verizon a try.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Though Verizon is good in most of CT, they are weak in the NW portion. AT&T has the a-side cellular band there with poor coverage. Cingular has good coverage througout CT, they have the b-side band everywhere in the state.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Verizon is strong in CT with the exception of Litchfield county. As anonymous said, that's AT&T country. Everywhere else Verizon works great, including out in the boonies of Willington, Ashford, etc.

5. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    That last post was by me, for some reason I couldn't get logged in.

6. cucopasuryn

cucopasuryn Junior Member

In NW part of CT you have to forget about Verizon(unless you want to pay $35.00 for voice mail).AT&T will be the best but not perfect it work better than Cingular in some places like Sherman, Litchfield and Danbury. and Cingular will be #2.

7. chunk73

chunk73 New Member

I live in litchfield and have verizon. It works great for me because i have prl 50018 with the single rate east plan. I am currently roaming on spcs towers, the reason i got verizon was because i use it in new york when i am at college. But when i am home it works great, although the center of litchfield has no service what so ever.

8. jennyjenn

jennyjenn New Member

I live in Waterbury, and recently switched from AT&T to Sprint PCS.

Now - I know many people have issues with Sprint, but I'm getting MUCH better service (reception) with Sprint (on a A460) than I ever had with AT&T (on a Nokia 8265 and Panasonic Versio).

Thus far, I haven't had any issues with dropping calls or whatnot - and I travel alot throughout the state (with the exception of extreme Litchfield county)....I work in Fairfield County and travel through Hartford County up to WMass often.

My fiance is with Cingular...he's reception goes in and out...but his phone is pretty old (StarTac)...so maybe an upgrade is in order for him.

Anyway, just wanted to give my two cents on Sprint...