Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Numerous NetworkCallForwardingOpps Charges

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by JBRollo, Nov 2, 2006.

1. JBRollo

JBRollo New Member

:( I keep getting multiple daily charges from NetworkCallForwardingOpps to my number. Its eating up my prepaid account balance...I don't even use the phone except for emergencies. Its a new prepaid account.

Is there a way to block these calls? (they all start with 88 or 87 and then my number.) I don't have call forwarding. I also do not know who is calling me. Only three people have my number and they are not calling.

Any ideas?

(maybe its Alltel calling to run my bill up!)

JBRollo

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Nokia6010/1.0 (8.62) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

These charges are related 2 voicemail... Yes, AlltelU charges airtime for deposits and retrievals. If a caller reaches the box, the clock starts. You can disable the voicemail by dialing *780. The callers get an alltel recording stating that you aren't answering. There aren't any other ways of avoiding the voicemail charges besides disabling it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 QLR, Nov 2, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  3. JBRollo

JBRollo New Member

Thanks. I did that and will await results. Also I blocked all calls starting with an 88 and 87 prefix. Don't think that was necessary.

Wish I knew who was calling. I would have just blocked that number or numbers.

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Nokia6010/1.0 (8.62) Profile/MIDP-1.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.0)

It may be some sort of alltel code... When I blocked the voicemail, those charges stored... You just may be blocking numbers that begin with 87 or 86... There are area codes that start with those 2 numbers like 860 in CT or 870 in AR.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 QLR, Nov 3, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2006