Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

nTelos Wireless getting the iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by JFB, Apr 4, 2012.

1. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung S20 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Mint Mobile
    nTelos Wireless to Offer iPhone 4S on April 20

*Press Release*

More info and chart in the attached doc.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

My Phone:
    Samsung S20 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Mint Mobile
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

Too bad Apple wasn't able to get the specs right so T-Mobile could have been another US carrier to get the iPhone. Definetly would have been a cheaper option for those who had to purchaced the unlocked GSM iPhone in order to use it on T-Mobiles network.... BTW, from this article that you posted on those other 2 carriers to get the 4S it looks like they are selling it at a $50 mark-up from Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T which is odd.

4. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    How does Apple have to get the specs right ? T mobile is on different frequencies . It means producing a different unit . If T mobile wants an Iphone they need to step up to the plate and order one to their specs . These other carriers can use an already existing product.

5. Eileen89

Sorry, but I am not understanding you here. Did Verizon change their frequencies to get the iPhone on their "CDMA" network? No they did not. So why should T-Mobile be expected to change theirs? The GSM and CDMA iPhone are 2 different units correct? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

6. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    They placed an order with Apple to make a CDMA iphone as did Sprint . T mobile would have to order iphones that work on their AWS frequencies for functionality. Apple cannot just make them on spec. They need guaranteed sales to justify the production of such a unit . They cannot just make a new model with a different chipset out of the blue and hope someone will buy them . T mobile customers are mostly with T mobile for 1 reason -- COST . There is no guarantees these folks would buy a full price iphone especially if not being sold and supported at T mobile stores.

7. Eileen89

I see what you are saying, but when the iPhone 4 first came to Verizon a year and a half ago there were no guarantees that it would do well. If I recall correctly the iPhone 4 didn't do as well in sales as was first predicted that it would. However, over time and with the help of the 4S, iPhone sales on Verizon picked up. Anyway, I think it is too late for T-Mobile and the 4S, but with the help of LTE, they might just be able to get the next iPhone.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

8. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    The next iPhone should support T-Mobile's AWS 1700 frequency:

iPhone 5 on T-Mobile? It could technically happen | CES 2012 - CNET Blogs

Altho carriers like AT&T, Verizon, etc. could specifically block that band to prevent their phones ending up on T-Mobs network. Who knows we'll see. Maybe by next year everybody is using Nokia Windows phones and this point will be mute :browani: