Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- (Now) former Suncom towers off?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by upstate31410, Nov 5, 2008.

1. upstate31410

upstate31410 New Member

*Mods, I hate the new format. Please bring back the regional threads, as it made this forum SO much easier to navigate. With that said.....

I'm a former Suncom customer, now on T-mo. My phone was purchased through Suncom, and still has a Suncom SIM in it. My phone would show roaming, but stil say "T-Mobile" when I was on a native T-mo cell. Now, my phone always shows roaming on T-mo, which makes me believe here in Savannah, GA, the former Suncom sites have been shut off. Does anyone know?

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I doubt any Suncom towers were shut off. T-Mobile added 400 cell sites throughout the Suncom area, but did disable access to AT&T roaming.

Now that I say that, was Savannah an area that had both T-Mobile and Suncom service before the merger? Maybe that is part of it....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    The regional forums were merged to increase traffic, and increase the likelihood that someone would find your thread and reply with an answer. The forums were replaced with thread prefixes to highlight regional threads. The prefix is available when creating a thread. I added the Southern US prefix for you to highlight it. If you have any other questions about how the forum is now organized feel free to ask me or any of the other moderators.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Jay2TheRescue, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  4. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    I am going to suggest a possible scenario:

T-Mobile has turned off the Suncom MNC-MMC of 310-490, and has the former Suncom network broadcasting its 310-260 now. This way, all of the existing T-Mobile SIMs will be right at home, no roaming! All former Suncom customers are showing roaming, all the time.

Upstate31410, could you try to register onto another network, and see what networks your handset sees? You should find 310-410 AT&T Mobility (Cingular) in Savannah, and the network you're currently using.

COtech

5. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    My area has the same SunCom sites, now as T-Mobile sites.

I live right behind one of their 300 foot towers. :)

I've seen two new sites they added not too far from me near Chesnee, SC,
    which is an area with former "no SunCom" signal.

Now they need towers in Union, SC and near Boone, NC. ;)