Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Not exactly towers, but....

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by wirles, Feb 26, 2007.

1. wirles

wirles I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of the above
    I was headed to a customer site and thought I would try some in car shots using the camera on my new BlackJack. Here is one of the White House with Washington Monument in the background. What you don't see on the roof of the WH is the comms equipment for WHCA (White House Communications Agency), formerly WHSD.

The second pic is of US Secret Service Headquarters. Those are HVAC stacks on the right side of the picture. You can't see the whips on the triangular tip of the roof towards the left/center.

Attached Files:

2. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    I tried to apply for a job with White House Comms back in 2000. When I was in the Army my platoon SGT had served with White House Comms. He said most of the Comms (radios) are actually at FT Belvoir in DC. Most of the soldiers work at Ft Belvoir, Pentagon and a small detachment of troops are at Marthas vineyard. This is just what I gathered from other guys that had done the job. The military Job at the time was called 31F and 31R and 31C. Now they changed it to 25F and 25R (31C no longer exists.)

3. wirles

wirles I'm baaaaaaaaaack

My Phone:
    iPhone 4S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of the above
    WHCA also has a bunch of 33W e-techs. The WHCA regiment guys that I know are all based out of Anacostia and spend time down range at many locations. Were you in a SIGNAL Platoon? What was your MOS?

4. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    I was alittle of everything. Active Army I was 31R. In the Reserves I was a 35E which is electronics repair. I went in the National Guard in 04 they forced me to reclass to 31C which is a radio/teletype tech which hasnt been used since the cold war ended. Then they send me to Iraq as a commo chief.

I did tactical satelitte, internet guru, UHF, VHF and AM modulated HF radio (1000 watt with doublet antenna. We didnt have to use HF but I looked up Mars on the internet and found a Freq in the 3 MHZ range and talked to a site in Virginia Beach from Mosul Iraq. The sound quality was aweful but cool to see a vietnam era radio working again.

Anyway, I was 24th Sig battalion in FT Stewart, 17th SIG BN in Germany and 29th SIG at FT Lewis. In Iraq I was platoon sgt in a commo section for a logistics battalion.