Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokias w/ internal antennas

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by AdamG, Oct 25, 2001.

1. AdamG

AdamG New Member

KevinJames,

I address this to you, but on the forum so others can respond too. I'm wireless shopping for the first time ever, spending half my days online trying to learn what's what. I want clear reception and good performance, but I also seem to care a lot about how the phone looks. To me, the sexiest phones out there now are the Nokia 3300 and 8200 series, with the internal antennas. Sleek and compact. However, I think my best deal in terms of coverage and family calling plan (I want one for my wife too) is Verizon (I live north of Boston, btw), but Verizon will not carry phones with internal antennas, because, according to the sales guy, they don't get as good reception, and Verizon has too much integrity (apparently) to carry phones that might not get the best reception.

You, too, on your web site, recommend against these phones for the same reason. Your (and Verizon's) position seems like it might make sense, except that you and Verizon are the only two entities I can find that say this. No other online reviewers I have read have come out and said that these phones have any worse reception than any other phone. Which makes me still want one. And puts me back in the frustrating position of the carrier I want not having the phone I want. I'm tossing around going with Cingular or Voicestream just so I can get a 3390, but I'm afraid their service won't be as good.

What of this internal antenna issue? Is it an issue?

Thanks,

Adam

2. rlugo74

rlugo74 New Member

I have a 3360 and it works a little better from my house than the 7160 i had.Tdma and Gsm are similar technologies based on time and not by codes.My experiance with Cdma and fixed antennas are bad, so probably Cdma don`t work as well with fixed or internal antennas.

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Adam,

According to two posters here, both I and Verizon are full of hogwash with regards to this concern. Do I have imperical data to prove to you that internal antennas are worse? No. I've been a cellphone user since 1994 and have used Ericsson and Nokia phones. Of the Nokias: As an individual subscriber I have had the the 2160 and 5160 and 5165. For my business use, I have had assigned to me a 2190, 6190 and 8290, the latter having an internal antenna. My company has had me travel in the Bay Area and the Central Valley. I have used the 6190 and 8290 in San Francisco, the East Bay and up and down highways 5 and 99 in the Central Valley. Outside buildings the performance between the two phones was not noticeable. Inside buildings was a completely different story. I typically visited the same buildings over and over again. The 6190 performed well inside buildings. The 8290 often dropped calls and never received them in the first place and they went to voicemail.

If your heart is so set on the 8200 or 3300 phones, nothing I or anyone else can say will deter you from getting what you want. However, if small and eye-catching is what you want and you like Verizon, why not check out the LG510 or wait for the LG520. Both have antennas, but they are very eye-catching. Really you are pretty much in the same position as I am. I just had a poster on groups.yahoo.com/group/tm520 tell me I was thinking with my heart of desire rather than my head because of my desire to have the TM520. They argued that being the first to have any new technology (from cars to computers to phones to anything else man-made) is usually asking to be a guinea pig for likely bug-invested equipment.

You are welcome to write to my email address.

4. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

I have sold the 8290 to someone who lives in Jersey and goes to Brandies. She has had no complaints with the phone or service (Voicestream). Well one complaint, she lost the handsfree earpiece.

5. AdamG

AdamG New Member

Thanks a lot guys. I guess I'll have to default to nickel-and-dime comparisons of various services over minutes and monthly charges. Cingular has a pretty good buy-one-get-one-free deal now on the 3390 (or is it 3360?), but I've heard their coverage can be spotty and they don't seem to have any family share plans. I'll check back here for any further input.

Regards,

Adam

6. Leah

Leah Junior Member

I switched from the 5165 to the 8260 and I love it! I havent really noticed a BIG difference in reception. I like the size and the look.

If you decide to try it, youve got a "return period". Youll have to check w/ the service provider to find out how long you have. But, you could try it out, and if you didnt like it, return it! Using it is the only way to know for sure.

7. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Leah,

Here's an interesting idea: Seeing as you work for SunCom, why not see if you can get them to loan you a (activated) 5160 or 6160 and then check signal strengths on your 8260 and the loaner in these three locations:

1. Outside in a city
    2. In a rural area with coverage but some distance from a tower
    3. Inside a building at various postitions: Near an outside wall, in an elevator, on a top & bottom floor.

I've never fooled with the test modes or even know if Nokias have modes that give more than just graphic feedback on signal, but if that exists, check that as well.

We'd love to hear your findings.

Kevin

8. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

I have a 8260, I love it and I never had any dropped calls . I think what is important is that the service provided is adequate in your area. I would not go with Voicestream because they only offer single mode phones and their GSM network is very spotty, its mainly good only on highways (and that goes for virtually anywhere Voicesteam is available). As for Verizon and Cingular, they are very good (here in NJ) but I am not too sure how their service is in your area. I have Cingular and I have no complaints, occasionally I'll get a weak signal but never a dropped call. My wife has Verizon and her service is very adequate. So, if Cingular offers good coverage in your area, I would go with them and get the Nokia 8260 or 3360. Besides, I think Nokia makes the best phones, they are of good quality, great features, tri-mode availability, excellent user interface (menu setup), and they are very good looking.

9. Leah

Leah Junior Member

Hey Kevin,

Thats actually a great idea. Ill see if I can track down one of our demos, I believe they are all out w/ customers right now.....

Ill let ya know when I get hold of one. Yes, Nokias do have testmode so I actually can check the readings on them to find out how much difference they have. (Better than just looking at the signal strength.)

Hopefully, Ill get my hands on a demo soon.....Ill get back to ya.

Good thinking Kevin!

10. Leah

Leah Junior Member

By the way, just had my first "report" on the 3360.

I sold the 8260 to a customer of mine 1 year ago, and he just recently came in to "upgrade" to the 3360. Yesterday he came into the store to tell me how much he LOVED it. He said it gets better reception than the 8260, also he said he loves the games and the larger LCD.

Hes VERY happy with the 3360. He also told me that when he was in North Carolina, (He travels A LOT), he couldnt use his "company phone" which was a Startac w/ Verizon, and had to use his personal phone -- the 3360. He said the reception is awesome - VERY clear connection.

Just thought Id share...I was glad to hear some positive feedback on the phone.

11. chad

chad New Member

hey kevin and leah
    i switched from a 6160 to the 8260 the same time leah did.the night before i got it i checked to see the signal level of my 6160 in various places.when i got my 8260 it shows that i have better reception than my 6160, but i have more problems with the 8260 i.e. calls going straight to voicemail when i have full signal.thats the biggest problem i have, however none of my phone calls are life and death and i really like the size and the way it looks,overall i am satisfied with the phone only because i dont care about those missed calls that actually never rang
    chad

12. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

Leah, I also heard about similar findings to what you mentioned. Nokia may have improved the internal antenna sensitivity on the 3360. Of course though, we need more user input and testing on this.

Nokia is moving more and more towards internal antenna phones...check out my posting on the "Phones, Handsets..." forum.

13. AdamG

AdamG New Member

By the way, the Verizon guy also made a big deal out of how not only do all their phones have antennas, but they are all pull-out antennas, and then he showed me how when you turn the phone on (it was a 5185, their buy-1-get-3-free promo model), you have a certain signal strength, and then you pull the antenna out and the signal strength (as shown on the screen) goes up a blip. That looks pretty convincing, but again, I'm wary of my own inexperience. Is what he's showing me valid? (If phone companies were sneaky, they'd make those signal readings go up automatically when you extend the antenna.)

I have to say, I may go with this simple, straight-ahead 5100-series job. They're a lot plainer-looking and lack advanced features, but they seem like they're built like brick shithouses (so to speak), and when I played with one in the store it was intuitive as hell to use. Seems like a good starter model. The fewer buttons there are the happier I am. I think all of my own questioning has turned me off the 3300's and the like, at least for now.

14. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Leah & Kenny,

I am very interested in hearing specifics about the alluded-to internal antenna enhancements. I know only of one new antenna technology called "phased grid" antennas which essentially is a meshed ("latticed") screen as opposed to a single strand.

Kevin

15. Tony

Tony Junior Member

But Verizon has a 3000 Nokia, the 3825. I sold four of them yesterday.

16. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Tony,

Don't you mean the 3285? I've not heard of the 3800-series--I can't even find it on Nokia's site.

Kevin

17. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

Tony, I would like to know where I could get one of these 3000 series Verizon phones. I checked the Verizon web site and I don't see that particular Nokia series offered by them. Is it new and if so, are they selling them in the New Jersey/NYC area?

18. MIkeP

MIkeP New Member

Tony, I just checked the Verizon site from your area in Dallas and to my surprise, they do sell the Nokia 3285. My question now is, did Verizon just start selling the 3285 and do you know if it will be available in the north east region? Also, is the phone any good, would you recommend it?

19. GRETTA

GRETTA New Member

Mike, the 3285 from Verizon is available in the Northeast...It is definately available in the Philadelphia region, however I am not sure about surrounding areas..As far as how the phone works, not sure, have not had a chance to use it yet.

20. stupendous1

stupendous1 New Member

I've been pleased with my 8290 here in the Texas area. I have never seen a call dropped in the 11 months that I've used it.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

I use the 8890 in Boston and love it!!

22. Guest

Guest Guest

<< I've been pleased with my 8290 here in the Texas area. I have never seen a call dropped in the 11 months that I've used it. >>

:

I would like to bring attention to you a serious problem regarding the Cingular Wireless company. On September
    4th, I signed a contract from Cingular Wireless for digital cell phone service. Since I have started using Cingular
    Wireless I have ran into a number of problems with my service, including receiving no reception to make or receive
    calls, waiting four times the length of time I was told to have my SIM card activated, rude service from an area
    manager, and many other problems that will be stated in the paragraphs following.

When I signed the contract at the Cingular Wireless store on East Flamingo Road, I asked to have insurance added on
    to my account to protect myself incase my phone was lost or stolen. Approximately two or three days after I started
    my service plan, I called to change my service plan to include more minutes. When I spoke with the representative
    to add more minutes, she brought to my attention that I had no insurance coverage on my phone. I told her that I had
    asked the gentleman who sold me the service to sign me up for insurance. She told me it must have been a mistake,
    and that she was going to add it on my account for me right then.

For the next few weeks following, I had many problems on my reception of my phone. I use my phone mainly for
    business, and found that I lost signal during many telephone conversations with clients. Many of my clients took
    offense to the dropped calls, and I lost many business deals. I called and spoke to a Cingular Representative after
    many experiences of my phone calls being dropped, most that were with my employees, and colleagues. I was told
    that there was nothing wrong, and that if the problem continued I should contact the customer service call center
    again.

I continued having these problems and continued to try and contact customer service, all resulting with no change.
    All methods I tried were very inconveniencing, especially since I signed a contract with Cingular stating I would
    receive cell phone service as long as I paid my bill. I continued to pay my bill, but received poor and inadequate
    service from Cingular in all areas.

Around the 20th of October I lost my phone. I called Cingular to place an insurance claim for my phone and was told
    by a representative, who I believe was named Stephanie, that I had no insurance on my account. I explained my
    previous problems with the agent about how I had originally signed up for insurance when I signed my contract, and
    how it was not added, and how I attempted the second time to add insurance to my account. I told the representative
    that I had asked for insurance the same day that I had changed my plan, which would have been a couple days after I
    had signed up. The representative said she showed that I had changed my plan, and said that it must have been a
    mistake, and she would add the insurance on to my account, but before the insurance could be activated I would have
    to make a call from my cell phone to validate that I still had the phone. She said that as soon as I do that, I would be
    insured. I told the woman that she was misunderstanding what I was trying to say, but she repeated her previous
    statement. I decided that this woman was incapable of helping me, so I called the local Cingular store located on
    Rampart Ave. I spoke with the manager there and explained my situation. I told him that because the two previous
    employees did not do their job, I was left without insurance. The man went on the computer and verified the date
    and the fact that I had called to change my minutes, and saw that no insurance had been added. He told me to come
    to his store and he would help me.

I drove up to his store and met with him. He explained to me the insurance process, and told me that because the
    insurance was added on after I had lost the phone, I would have to pay for the phone. I explained to him my situation
    again and he said that I could try to put the insurance claim through, and if it was declined I could speak to the
    Customer Service Call Center and it was possible that a manager there could make an in-house claim since it was on
    the fault of Cingular that the insurance was not added. I called the insurance company from his store and they told
    me that it would be 24-72 hours before I would know if my claim was approved. I explained to the Manager that I
    used my phone mainly for business, and that I could not afford to be without a phone for that long. He told me that
    he had helped me all that he could, and that I would be on my own with anything more. I asked him if there was any
    chance that I could purchase an SIM chip, (the chip that holds and activates your phone) and he said yes, and that I
    would be charged $30.00 for it. He went on to say that if my insurance was approved, the cost of the chip and the
    new phone would be covered under the deductible. I asked if I could have a loaner phone to use with my chip since it
    was Cingular’s fault that the insurance was not added both times I had requested it to be. He told me that he could
    not give out any loaner phones and said my only option was to wait or buy the chip and use a fellow Cingular clients
    phone to check my voicemail. I was upset that Cingular had made this mistake that was inconveniencing me so
    much, and it made me even more upset that they would not give me a loaner phone. I decided that I could not go
    without the phone for the length that it would take to get my claim approved, so I bought the SIM chip out of my
    own pocket and decided that I could use my friend’s Cingular phone to check my voicemail and call my clients and
    employees back on a land line phone. I was told it would take twenty four hours to activate. I ended up having to
    wait almost four days for my chip to be activated. I continued to try and call the service during the period of the four
    days, and was continuously told I would be transferred to someone who could help me, and was hung up on four
    times.

Four days later, I called to check on my claim and found that it was declined. I then called the Customer Service
    Center and spoke with an agent named Debbie. I explained my situation, and she said that a manager could put an in
    house claim in for me. She said she would take all my information down, and would submit it to a manager. She
    then told me I would hear from her manager within two days, and once the manager submitted the claim, it would
    take five days for me to receive the new phone. Three days later, I decided to call Cingular because I had not heard
    from anyone about my claim. I spoke with a manager named Gabby Hernandez, who told me that according to her
    computer, my claim was still being processed, but she still asked me for all my information again. I got the
    impression that my claim was never put through, and that she was trying to cover the mistake. I did not know any
    other reason why I would have to reclaim my insurance and give her all my information again if it was already being
    processed. Gabby then told me that it would take five more days. Five days later, I called back to find out the status
    of my phone, because, again, I had not been contacted. I was told once more that it would be five more days. I
    continued to use my friend’s cell phone, who was gracious enough to bear through all the inconvenience that was
    caused to me by Cingular. Finally, after thirty days of wating to hear about my claim, a dozen phone calls to
    Cingular, and numerous sessions of being put on hold for more than twenty minutes at a time, I received some help.
    The representative put me on hold, then joined me in on a conference call with the insurance company. The insurance
    representative told me that my claim had finally been approved after a month, but that I would have to give a credit
    card number to her. I explained that I was under the impression that I paid the deductible at the store when I picked
    up my phone, so I had no credit card number available at that time. I wrote down the insurance’s number and told
    them I would call back with account number when I had access to it.

I had to leave town on short notice, so I was unable to call the insurance company back right away. When I got back
    into town I had realized how much time and business I had lost because of Cingular, and how overwhelmed and
    stressed I felt because of Cingular’s lack of efficiency in their business. I decided that Cingular was not holding up
    their end of the contract because of the hassle that I was put through, the numerous and lengthy calls I had to make to
    them when they promised me that they would take care of everything, and the fact that I did not receive service in any
    of the states which I was told I would, including ,my own state.

I called on December 5th and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told by the representative, Michelle, that she was
    a supervisor and that she could help me. I explained to her my situation without a detail missed. I told her that
    Cingular and I were both responsible for the contract that I had signed, and that I had paid my bill every month, and
    kept up my end of the contract. I explained to her that Cingular was not holding up their end of the deal, and because
    of that I wanted to terminate my contract without any penalty charged to me. I told her that I felt that Cingular
    Wireless gave me no other choice due to their lack of commitment to their contracts as well as their customers.
    Michelle then said to me, “Ma’am, I understand your frustrations, but you are responsible to find out if the reception
    is good in your area. We do not guarantee any reception any where, and it is up to the customer to find that out.” I
    then replied, “I was told by the sales representative that I would receive coverage in Las Vegas, as well as other
    states such as Arizona, Idaho, and California. I do not receive any reception in any of these areas. I have lost
    numerous business deals because of it. Are you saying that you, as a company, are telling your customers, ‘Here,
    sign this contract, you pay every month, and you might get some service, but we are not guaranteeing it?’” Michelle
    then replied, “Yes, that is what I am saying. We do not guarantee that our products will work and we are not
    responsible for defective equipment or service.” I felt enraged that a company could sell products, make customers
    sign a contract saying that they would be loyal and pay all bills, and then in return not guarantee any of their products
    or services. I then said to her, “I would like to speak to your manager.” Michelle then told me, “I am the Area
    Manager.” I then said, “I would like to speak to your boss, then.” She then said, “I am the only one you can speak
    with, and I have already made my final decision.” I asked her for the address to her corporate offices, or a number
    that I could call to contact a complaint center or a higher authority, she replied, “Sorry, Ma’am, We do not have a
    corporate. I am the highest authority, and I made my decision clear.” I then decided to repeat myself again about my
    problems with the insurance claim. She said to me when I was finished, “Ma’am, we do not cover any of our
    products if they are defective. We went out of our way as a courtesy to put an in house claim for your phone, we did
    not have to do that in the first place. I think you should be grateful that you have gotten the help you have. I have
    another customer who has been waiting since September for her claim, so be glad that you are not her.” I was
    appalled at her attitude towards me, and was disgusted that I was not the only one who was having these problems. I
    replied to her, “That does not make me feel any more confident in your company, infact, it worries me that there are
    other people who are suffering the same difficulties as I am with your company. And, as far as the insurance goes,
    your company did not do me a courtesy by putting that claim through, your company was trying to fix their own
    mistake. It is not my fault that your agents failed to do their job, and I can’t believe that you, as an area manager,
    would tell me that your company does not have to fulfill their obligations to their customers. “ Michelle then said,
    “Ma’am, technically if you do not add your insurance right when you sign your contract, we do not have to honor
    your insurance.” I then said, “I called to have it added. You as a company make an obligation to all customers if you
    tell them that you will cover their phones with insurance if they pay you a monthly fee. It doesn’t matter when it was
    that they signed up, if you offer a service, and charge the customer, then you have to follow through. It is illegal for a
    company to scam customers out of money by telling them that they will be covered for insurance, charge them, and
    then tell them later that they aren’t going to cover it.” She then said, “I apologize, but the bottom line is that we got
    your phone claim processed. I never guaranteed when it would be available.” I then said, “You may not have
    guaranteed it, but I was told by Gabby Hernandez that it would only take five days, and I was told that six times.
    Thirty days had passed, and I never received a call from anyone. I had to call and follow up on the insurance myself.
    I believe that I pay you guys a monthly fee to do that for me. I should not have to waste hours of my time, stress out
    about the whole situation, and pay for minutes for my cell phone that I can’t use because you guys are failing to do
    your job to get me one. I asked your agents twice to add this insurance on for me. They obviously weren’t
    competent enough to do that. I have been transferred to a million people who apologize to me for the mistake, who
    have admitted that it was Cingular’s fault, and who have not helped me in any other way than familiarizing me with
    the company’s hold music. Every time I called I was told five days, if I would have been told straight out that it was
    going to take a month or so, that would have been a different story. The bottom line is that I have been paying a
    large amount of money every month because I signed a contract promising that I would do so, and in return Cingular
    would provide me with cell phone service, as well as insurance. I have held up my end of the contract, and I think
    that Cingular is taking illegal actions by charging me every month, yet breaking their end of the contract. When I am
    told by your employees at the Cingular store that I signed up at that Cingular has the highest proven reception in Las
    Vegas, and that he would sign me up for insurance, I expect it. “ Michelle then replied, “I am sorry Ma’ am. You
    will be charged. Cingular does not guarantee that their service will work anywhere, and as far as the insurance, I will
    tell you we did that as a courtesy, and we did not have to do it at all.” I then asked again for a number or an address
    that I could write to or call to discuss my problems with a higher authority, and she said, “You are talking to me.” I
    then told her to have a good night.

I hung up with her and called back and asked to speak with a manager in an attempt to reach someone other than
    Michelle. The agent asked me for my cell number so she could pull up my account. I gave her the number and she
    told me to wait one moment while she read the comments in my account. I was put on hold for around five minutes,
    and she came back on the line and said she could help me. I requested again to speak with a manager, and she said
    that there was no other manager except for Michelle. I asked her for a number or address to a corporate office, or a
    higher authority, and she would not provide me with one, saying that Michelle was the only one I could speak with at
    that time.

I tried calling many other times since then to see if I can get an address for a complaints department or a corporate
    office, and have had the same thing happen each time.

I feel that Cingular has not honored their end of the contract. I have paid all my payments on time, and have never
    caused any problems that would result in me being treated like I have been. I have honored all elements of my end of
    the contract, yet I have not received anything but horrible reception, horrible service, and have been treated rudely by
    Cingular representatives. From this I have come to the conclusion that Cingular has not honored all their elements of
    the contract. I have done a lot of research on the Internet and found hundreds of complaints by other Cingular
    customers that are similar, if not exactly, like my horrifying experience. I believe that Cingular is scamming their
    customers out of money, and dishonestly promoting services and coverage that they know they cannot fulfill. I also
    believe that there is something written in the comment field on my account that is directing any of their
    representatives to withhold any information that will help me to overcome my obstacles. I believe the sole purpose of
    this is to conceal any actions that would be seen as illegal or possibly cheating me out of my money, they are trying to
    keep me from contacting someone in order to cover their own reputations. I believe that Cingular Wireless should be
    investigated for fraud, false advertising, overcharging customers on minutes, as well as many other things.

Because of Cingular’s lack of fulfilling their obligations to their customers, I have lost numerous business deals, spent
    numerous hours on the phone wasting my own time to try to resole the problems myself, and dealt with verbal abuse
    form their representatives. I also paid for a whole month of service that I was not able to use completely because
    Cingular took six times as long as they told me they would take to get me a new phone. My friend also had to deal
    with the inconvenience by having to let me use her phone.

I believe that I have been cheated and scammed by Cingular Wireless. I am hoping that this letter will start a process
    that will prevent other Americans from being cheated and scammed by Cingular Wireless, also. I am also hoping that
    I can receive some help in protecting myself from Cingular’s scams that they are successfully inflicting on millions of
    other honest, hard working people every day.

If you could also supply me with information on who else I can further contact about this horrible crime that I feel
    Cingular Wireless is committing against myself as well as other Americans, I would greatly appreciate it.

23. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    From what I have observed of most contracts, it states plainly on the contract (usually a &quot;check box&quot;) that you applied for insurance. Check your original documentation. (I didn't see that you mentioned checking that, but I'm sorry, your post was way too long to read.)

The rest of what you mention boils down dropped calls. You'll need to check Cingular's service area. There is a possibility that you are in a poor service area for them.

As far as any further recourse--if it is not on your contract, it is not in effect.

24. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

Now i am new to this forum just signed up today and i am glad there is a site that these matters can be discussed on because it is as controversial an issue as abortion in the US. Any ways I am a dealer in the NY state area and have worked for numerous wireless companies so my opinion shouls be taken into consideration through five years in the field. I myself own a Nokia 3390. I as a dealer get to test drive any phone of my choosing and i find this one works the best. i have never received a dropped call with the 3390, no static what so ever either. The whole internal antennae idea was started by Voicestream and was a big seller this past summer out of 15 units sold only one was brought back for a SIM membrane error. The 8200 you speak of is not a big seller any more due to it being small and having technical difficulties such as not being able to work inside buildings thats why within 6 months of the creation of the 8200 series the 3300 series was created to show the true power of the internal antennae. Also the internal antennae provides a more durable outlook on the subject of antennae's so that if you drop the phone your signal is not affected where as a phone with an antennae will break and signal strength is affected. So if i were you sir I would consider purchasing a 3300 over a 8200 series from your local dealer.

null

feel free to either write to this foum or e-mail me with any other questions at above web site.

25. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd call the BBB (Better Business Bureau) then write the BBB and cc Cingular wireless. I have used this practice and gotten results before. It can't hurt.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

The phone and it's antenna are AWESOME!!!!!!.........BUT...........
    I've had VOICESTREAM for about a month and feel that I cannot recommend the company. I had heard a lot of bad stories about their service, but wanted a particular phone (nokia 3390). While researching prior to purchase, I had few specific questions. On the day of purchase, I repeated my few specific questions several times. The salesman must have been operating in the &quot;say anything&quot; mode that day. Unfortunately, I did not ask the question the required amount of times to get an honest answer. Perhaps it's their pay or hiring practices but something is NOT right with voicestream.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

I am in wireless sales, and the company that I work for offers handsets with internal antennas and external. I tell my customers that if reception is important to them, stay with a external antenna. We have had numerous returns on phones with internal antennas due to poor reception, dropped calls, and &quot;fast busy&quot; when making outgoing calls. The trend is going to the internal antenna(sleeker,sexy,etc.) but if you can't use it, then it defeats the purpose.