Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia vs. Ericsson ???

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by alleykat, May 18, 2002.

1. alleykat

alleykat New Member

I am currently a US Cellular customer-- I have recieved great coverage, quality and service. However, I am moving and USC isn't available in my area. My phone isn't compatiable with other carriers, so I was wondering which is better- the Nokia 5165 or Ericsson T60LX. I am in a time crunch and would appreciate any advice, brutal or nice!

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    both are good phone. i personally would try the new t60lx the 5160 5 is a great phone but the 60 has more features.

What do you currently have

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'd choose the Nokia 5165 it's what I have and its a pretty good phone. Has good audio quality in both analog and Digital modes as well as picks up a good signal, the only negative thing is its slightly heavy and the battery life could be a tad better. I prefer Nokia's over Ericcsson's myself.

4. RedMosquito

RedMosquito Junior Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson T226
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (GSM)
    If you get the 5165, DONT sign a 2 year contract. For the first year the phone works great, but after I had mine for a year it went to crap. I couldnt get it replaced because they only have a 1 year warranty.

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'd advise against signing a 2 year contract with any phone, the wireless world is an every chaning place and people's needs change. I myself would never sign a 2 year contract.

6. alleykat

alleykat New Member

I currently have a Nokia 5160 through US Cellular. It has worked great and I have had it for two years. I was thinking of switching to sprint and getting a samsung N300, but I have had friends who haven't had much luck with sprint. So, I thought of going to AT&T and their basic phones are the ericcson and the nokia. Thanks for the advice. I will definetly check out the ericcson which I wasn't sure about.

7. alleykat

alleykat New Member

What about the nokia 3360?

8. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

for a good variety of cell phone reviews goto

CNeT Wireless Section

also where r u located btw?

if u do go with sprint get a sanyo or kyocera or one of the latest samsungs not the n300