Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia to have phones like nextel?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by dent, May 29, 2002.

1. dent

dent New Member

I was told by somebody that nokia was planning to integrate the 2 way radios into there phones just like nextel? Is this a rumor? If it is why hasnt verizon and those other service providers integrated two way radios into there phones? Are there plans for this on verizon I hope so!

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Actually there are plans to do this on ATT....haven't heard anything on verizon yet.

3. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Dont forget sprint pcs

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CDANMA

CDANMA Junior Member

Remember that the phone is only part of that feature. The two way is mainly done by the cell site and the only people that I have heard of tring to do that is Sprint PCS. Lucent has came up with a device that can do it and Sprint is mainly Lucent.. From a good source I heard that they are in the process of trying to get that working...

I'm not saying that others can't do it but I have only heard of Sprint being close to getting it done....

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Sprint is actually coming out with the 2 way system this summer (july-august). It will be released with their 3g network and with the other color screen samsungs.