Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

nokia/sprint rip off?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Gabriel, May 10, 2004.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    i noticed the nokia camera phone sold by sprint has a radio, but it does not come with the required head set to use it. every nokia GSM that i have seen, including mine, comes with the stereo headphones in the box. why not the sprint nokia? :loony:

hey you sprint guys, any plans in the future to include them in the package?? just wondering...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lildrummerboy

lildrummerboy Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samung 740
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon

Motorola phones have had a radio too and they didn't include the headset either. In fact when the phones first came out they were selling the headsets for $59.99 I think.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    yea, but nokia gsm phones do come with the headset!!! not sprint's!!

4. lildrummerboy

My Phone:
    Samung 740
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    Actually, one of the guys at my store was playing around with this phone and he found out that the radio works with any headset. Try it out it works. Of course you don't get stereo sound out of it. Buy hey, mono is cool.

5. Gabriel

Gabriel TICUS AD MORTEM

My Phone:
    Motorola v551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    yest it works with any headset. when you are in radio mode, one of the options is to have stereo or mono sound, just in case you dont have that stereo headset.

but the thing is that you must have a stereo/mono headset to use the radio feature, otherwise the phone displays "connect headset first", and does not let you turn the radio on. you cant play the radio if you dont have some sort of headset on it. every GSM nokia that i have seen has the headset in the box, but not the sprint nokia. that is why i was thinking it was some sort of rip off.

6. Kaosu

Kaosu Senior Member

I believe it's up to the carrier to decide what accessories are included.

7. lildrummerboy

My Phone:
    Samung 740
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon

Those headsets they give you are cheap. You could probably pick one up at the dollar store if you wanted to.

8. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Radioshack is working with Nokia/Sprint to bring a Stereo headset to the stores, in the meantime bust out your regular phone headset and rock on.

9. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    obviously, but manufacturers as well as carriers will always find another way to get more money out of you..