Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia Series 40, 60 and 80 Reset Codes Thread

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by ShoresGuy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Your best bet is to ask 3g for unlock code. I've seen some people claim to be able to unlock 3g phones but in general BB5 phones can only be unlocked with the codes from the provider.

Reset codes are different from unlock codes — you need the unlock code. Again, the safest way would be to get it from Cingular.

2. KMLon

KMLon New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung D900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Vodafone
    hello!

I want to reset my Nokia 6680 but I've changed and of course forgotten my Lock Code, so the recepy *#7370#, 12345 doesn't function any more.

Any solutions?

and second, where do you put in the master security code?

Tnx

3. hme83

hme83 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Try using this website to generate the master security code for your Nokia.

Master Security Code

You would input the security code in "settings (or configuration)/more settings/security settings/access codes/change security code" (or something similar).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Word of caution: the 6680 is a BB5 phone, this master code generator is probably limited to DCT-4 phones and may not work.

5. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Oops - thanks for the information! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. KMLon

KMLon New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung D900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Vodafone
    tnx all. I'll try it

7. Gag0

Gag0 New Member

hi!
    I'm new here but you are in these things so
    can you hellp me and tell me how to disable auto keypad lock on nokia n70.
    And i haven't instaled any program for auto locking keypad

Thanks

8. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Look in "settings" for "security" "auto-lock period" and set it to "none".

This should turn off your automatic security keyguard lock.

9. Gag0

Gag0 New Member

it's not that i tryed that seciryty keygard lock.
    it's the keypad lock with the key "-" and "*"
    in my phone is auomatic every 15sec is locked and is anoying
    that's the problem

10. prabhakarglv

prabhakarglv New Member

Hi,

I want to hard set my Nokia 6230. The *#7730# and *#7780# are not working for my mobile. I mean after I enter those code there is no response at all. The reason I want to hard set my fone is; I'm getting head phone symbol on my display screen and due to that I couldn't able to hear the call at my ear if I get any. If I on the loud speaker then I can to receive the call. I gone through "Enhancement settings" also to remove that symbol, but still it remains. Thats the reason I want to hard set my fone. Please find me any solution.

Thank you in advance.

Prabhakar.

11. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Welcome to WA!

I don't know that it will work, but it's worth a shot if you haven't already tried it - if you have a headset for the 6230, plug in the headset, call your mobile phone from another phone, answer the call, disconnect the call, then disconnect the headset. It may force the headset connection to reset - it seems the phone thinks a headset is being used.

Also, have you already tried using the menu option for a factory reset?

12. prabhakarglv

prabhakarglv New Member

Hi,

I really thank you for your prompt reply. For your kind information, I don't have head set for this mobile. However I tried by resetting factory settings, but the problems stands still. Please let me know is there any other way to find the solution. If not I just want to hard reset my mobile. I tried with the codes, but the phone not at responding at all when I enter those codes. I thank you once again for your reply. Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Prabhakar.

13. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I haven't ever tried using the codes so I don't know why the phone wouldn't be responding to them - you did enter the code then the ", 12345" (security code portion) as ShoresGuy indicates?

And if you've changed your phone's security code, you would need to use it - not "12345". 12345 is the factory default security code for Nokias.

I don't really know of anything else to try - hopefully someone else will. Some Nokia models seem to have had a problem with the headset indicator/audio routing becoming "hung".

14. prabhakarglv

prabhakarglv New Member

Hi,

Thank you for your reply again. I did tried with factory default code (12345) and the Security master Code also. i also tried by using *#7370#, but there is no response. However there is no problem in resetting the phone, but it doesn't erase all the memory in the phone (The contacts and others remains the same), however it doesn't remove that headset symbol. That's the main concern to me. Thank u once again for your reply.

Regards,

Prabhakar.

15. samgreat143

samgreat143 New Member

Hi....can any 1 tell me how to Format Phone Memory (nokia 6270)... i applied all code but non of them working... is their any software to fromat the Phone 6270???? plz tell me the working solution....thkx in adv

16. jackay

jackay New Member

nothing happened when i tried this.
    can anyone help?

17. kamal7725

kamal7725 New Member

Hi,

I have a problem, I recently bought a new another SIM, when I switch on y phone with this new SIM, it asked for the some security code. But I don't know any code, what I know I tried with all of them. Now my phone is not accepting any other new SIM except the existing one.

Can I hard reset it? I am using Nokia 5300 XpressMusic edition phone. If yes, please let me know the code and advices to reset it.

Thanks a lot.

18. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Have you tried using "12345" as the security code? That is the typical Nokia factory default if you haven't changed it.

19. 1cellbrain

1cellbrain New Member

DO YOU KNOW IF MY NOKIA 6255i is unlocked for CDMA networks? It has all 0`s when it is turned on, please reply.

20. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    This is not information anyone here has. You would need to check with your carrier as to whether they lock their phones.

CDMA phones are notoriously difficult to get working on other networks. The possibility is there, but isn't guaranteed.

Since you are in Belize, it's hard to say what other CDMA networks are out there for you to use.

If you were in the US, you would have a difficult, if not impossible time trying to use your 6255i on Sprint or Verizon. It's difficult to say whether Alltel, MetroPCS, or Cricket would allow it.

21. 1cellbrain

1cellbrain New Member

Thanks so much,
    cheers, 1cellbrain

22. sourabh

sourabh New Member

I have Nokia 3110 classic mobile.It shows errors regarding softwares.If you start the media player it first shows 'update library' and then at the end shows that "NO MUSIC FILES FOUND".though the memory card has music files only.pleaase help me out with the codes.
    I did:
    1)Formatting the memory card(took backup)
    2)Restore factory setting
    3)tried soft and hard reset many times but "RESULT UNKNOWN" is the error message.
    4)Scanned the memory card for viruses.

I even tried all combination of above steps but no solution is there... :(:(:(

Now even the time is not shown by the clock.i dont want problems to incrase please help me out.

23. sourabh

sourabh New Member

please do reply fast as i am desperate for the solution............

24. sourabh

sourabh New Member

One most important thing-Earlier the mobile had 4 themes(Black.nth,Zodiac.nth,Marble.nth,Nokia.nth).
    Now it shows "Zodiac.nth as corrupted theme" and Marble.nth is not at all shown in th options.

So on the whole i have 3 themes(now) out of which 2 work while one doesn't :(

25. kyle88

kyle88 New Member

hey

I have a nokia 6500 slide. When i turn it on it gets to the screen where i must set the date and time but the phone keypad is locked. I unlock the keypad but then it asks for a security code. I dont know the code. Is there some way i can reset the phone as i cannot put the reset codes in.

If you can help, could you please PM me.

Thanks

#55 kyle88, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
  26. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Have you already tried "12345" - that is generally the default security code for Nokias if it has never been changed.

27. kyle88

kyle88 New Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.3; U; Series60/3.2 NokiaN96-1/3.00; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1;) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

yeah i have already tried that, as well as every other code i can think of. The security code was never changed, I drove over the phone and cracked the screen.. I sent it in for repairs and when i got it back, it was locked.

28. hme83

My Phone:
    Nokia E7, E70-2 & 6820
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Did Nokia do the repairs for you? Or have you contacted the repair shop about it?

I would - particularly if it was Nokia - they should make it right. :(

29. kyle88

kyle88 New Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.3; U; Series60/3.2 NokiaN96-1/3.00; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1;) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

yeah it was nokia that repaired it.. I called them but they say that they cant give me the code over the phone. I have to go to nokia. I would rather leave going to nokia as the last resort, but it seems like its my only option.

30. toponsshop

toponsshop New Member

Wow, thanks for your good information............