Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia N73 Anybody?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by MikeGrabowski, Mar 5, 2007.

1. MikeGrabowski

MikeGrabowski Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N73
    Wireless Provider(s):
    NEP (GSM from local Phone Company)
    I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Nokia N73? I've been looking around for a good PDA type phone with a decent camera on it and I think I'm just about settled on this guy. I'd like to see one in person to see how it fits in my hand and all that though. I haven't gotten down to any stores to see if they have any on display. Another week and a half of long hours at work and I should be getting some time off. Hopefully then I'll have some time to do some looking around.

#1 MikeGrabowski, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  2. Steven2420

Steven2420 World Champions Baby!!!!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    I just purchased one from Phonesource, and I am really looking forward to getting it on Monday or Tuesday. I run phones thru the "Gauntlet" Mike, so I will give a full report next week. Keep me posted on your progress as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MikeGrabowski

My Phone:
    Nokia N73
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Ya know, a day or so after I posted this I found the 'Smartphone' topic in the forums here. I guess I had glanced over that before. luv2fly007 posted a pretty good detailed review of the N73 over there. He goes into a lot of detail on the differences between this and Nokia's other closely related phones, such as the N80.

But please do keep us posted on how you like it. And if I ever do get around to getting one for myself here, I'll do the same.

4. Ellen

Ellen Guest

That was a great review of the Nokia N73 in that link. The back of the N73 looks just like a regular camera.

5. MikeGrabowski

My Phone:
    Nokia N73
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yeah, I'm thinking its gotta be a great phone. A few reviews I've seen pit the N73 against a higher end SE and Samsung camera phones, and it does OK I guess, not as good as the other two. But thats only as far as the camera goes. And theres no doubt in my mind that the camera on the N73 is about a 1000 times better than the camera on my 6230 and my clie. Because they both suck pretty bad! Haha. So I'm sure I'll be happy to have the camera on the N73 if I ever get it here. And with all of the overtime I've worked in the last month, I think I'll be having just the extra cash to get it!

6. Steven2420

I received my N73 ME on Monday, and so far it is a great phone, and I love it. By this weekend, I will post a full review by the weekend. I can tell you that the Edge powered browser is very fast and the screen is extremely big and bright. The music player and stereo speakers are worth 75% of the total cost of the whole phone. More to follow.............................!!!!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. BeGenius

BeGenius New Member

8. Steven2420

9. MikeGrabowski

My Phone:
    Nokia N73
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Ok, so I think I'm all settled on the N73 music edition. I'm going to pick it up from Phonesource-usa on ebay for 454 bucks. Any last minute suggestions before I go ahead and drop the cash!?

Thanks to everyone for the reviews and info and all!

Mike

10. ProyectHunter

ProyectHunter New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N91
    Wireless Provider(s):
    EntelPCS
    The N73 is a great phone, but SE camera phones still better than Nokia (Nokia N73 has a 3.2MPX camera, but K series of SE, with 2.0MPX has better images...)

If you look a camera phone a SE K series is a better chioice, bur N73 is a smartphone (Symbian S60 3rd Edition) ans that compensates the camera handycap :D, that means if you don't care have the better camera N73 is your choice :D

11. MikeGrabowski

My Phone:
    Nokia N73
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Well.. I've long given up on 'Sony' as a decent company. Although, a lot of the SE phones do look pretty nice. And I've heard great things about their cameras. I am quite a fan of the Nokia brand nowadays though. And a smart phone was what I was looking for. I will say, I've had the N73 for a little while now. And I do love it. I do see what people are talking about with the phone being a little 'sluggish' though. It does take a little bit for the camera or even the gallery to open up. But, with decent lighting, it takes some pretty decent pictures and video. Not quite as nice as my digital near-SLR. But on the high end of the scale for a camera phone no doubt. And, its nice because I always have it with me.

Maybe I'll try out an SE phone at some point. Anybody know how attached/removed they are from Sony? I just feel that the Sony brand has gone far downhill in quality and I get really tired of companies constantly trying to push proprietary hardware and software down you're throat. I have a ton of Sony items... just not so keen to spend the top dollar on them anymore.

12. ProyectHunter

ProyectHunter New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N91
    Wireless Provider(s):
    EntelPCS
    I should buy a SE only if camera really matters to me. If not Nokia is your answer (I'm a Nokia fanboy :D)