Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia N70 Firmware Question

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by sesro1978, Mar 25, 2008.

1. sesro1978

sesro1978 New Member

Hi-

I recently purchased a Nokia N70 cell phone from eBay that was purchased (originally) in Dubai. The seller tells me that the phones keypad and housing contained Arabic which leads me to believe that the phone OS may be in Arabic as well. I bought this phone because it was such a great deal for a great phone.

That said, can I flash the firmware (if needed) to English rather than Arabic? If so, where do I go to find the latest English firmware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Sesro1978

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Most (if not all) localizations of Nokia firmware still have English as an option (usually the first or second choice, with Automatic being the other). You can also check out the Nokia Software Update to see if there's any firmware update available. I would not recommend switching the firmware to a different localization because it can potentially lead to a "bricked" device.