Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia N70 & Cingular Wireless (CA)

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by newcell, Feb 11, 2006.

1. newcell

newcell New Member

I just purchased a Nokia N70 in Asia and wanted to use it with the Cingular Network in CA.

Can I use the phone's email & web functionality?
    I do have GPRS enabled w/ my Cingular service but I know they will not guide me thru the set-up on this phone since they don't support it.

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Try going into the Order Settings link on the Nokia website. It will ask you phone model, country, provider etc. and should eventually send the settings directly to your phone.

Let us know if it worked?

PS: How do you like the N70?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 charlyee, Feb 11, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  3. newcell

newcell New Member

Thanks. I was able to get Cingular to provide me the settings. Have been able to enable web browsing and email. So I am good to go.

I like the N70 so far. Have had it for about a week.
    Camera is very good quality and the messaging capabilities are good as well.
    Not sure if I will ever be able to use the Video Call functions that seem to be built into the phone.
    From what I understand it does not support the 850Mhz GSM. I am not sure how this affects me in the area.