Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 8390 SIM Problem

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by icyshard, Mar 3, 2003.

1. icyshard

icyshard New Member

Does anyone else have this problem? I am currently using the 8390 on the ATT GSM network. I have noticed that times where there is a constant weak signal or no signal at all that sometimes my phone doesn't detect the network once I re-enter what I know to be a strong signal area. My phone will still show that it has lost connection and if I push any buttons I get a messages saying that "SIM card registration failed." Is this a problem specific to this phone, the service, or what? I used to have Cingular with the 8290 and never ran into this problem. It is kind of a pain, because if I don't remember to look at my phone when I get home, I may not know that I haven't had reception for 5 hours.

Anyone have any ideas, or had this happen to them?

2. icyshard

icyshard New Member

3. scorpio20

scorpio20 Junior Member

It's just that phone. 8390 has problem.