Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 8300 Series on Cingular?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by goPHAT, May 23, 2002.

1. goPHAT

goPHAT New Member

Anybody know if and when the Nokia 8300 Series will be available on Cingular? Looking to upgrade from my 8290, but would like to wait for the 8300 if it is coming out soon. Also is the Siemens S40 phone any good? Would you recommend it over the Nokia? Looking for any kind of info. Thanks [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. goPHAT

goPHAT New Member

anybody?

3. cryogenic

cryogenic Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung A990
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm currently a GSM Cingular customer and I actually started out with the S40... stay AWAY from that phone at ALL costs... I cannot express how awful this phone is... my god, I kept it maybe 2 days and traded it for a Motorola Timeport 7389i (another mistake... numerous problems). Anyway, my suggestion is to keep your 8290 until the 6340 comes out. The 6340 has been rather hush-hush lately, but it's a tri-network phone that will roam on GSM, TDMA, and analog (only worthwhile on the nationwide plans)... just go into any store and ask about the GAIT phone.... or go search on the web for the Nokia 6340... it's an awesome phone from what I can tell, and the local Cingular store is going to swap my Motorola for it no questions asked!;-) And as far as the 8390 series goes, the only upgrade over your existing 8290 is the addition of GPRS internet access. I've had my share of problems with GPRS, so I wouldn't upgrade phones for that feature alone... (aside from the updated styling... big whoop). I've heard a few Cingular reps say that they really don't expect to get it anytime soon, and as of right now only AT&T's GSM areas offer it... and you wouldn't be able to use it on Cingular due to GSM providers sim-locking their phones. Stick with the 8290 for now unless you have the nationwide plan, then go with the 6340.... if you're on a local plan, wait for the Ericsson T68, which will have GPRS internet access and a color screen... very nice phone, it's on their (Ericsson's) website :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...