Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 8260 vs. Panasonic Allure Tx310

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by VeryConfused, Jan 6, 2002.

1. VeryConfused

VeryConfused New Member

Hi guys
    im new to this forum and im wondering if anyone can help me on my choice whether to get the 8260 or the Allure phone. Both prices are reasonably close as they both have rebates going on. i never heard much complaints on the 8260 as many of my friends have that phone, but i would like to try the new panasonic it is as good. anyone out there who owns a panasonic have any comments?? These phones will be under the ATT plan in the SF area.

Also can anyone think of a better service provider than ATT in San Jose State University area?

Thanks a bunch

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Hi Very,

I am not only an ower of the Allure, I am the owner/operator of the PanAllure user group. We now have 205 members across the USA (though only about a dozen are regular posters). The group was started shortly after I bought the phone at the end of last November. Most of us love the phone in spite of its shortcomings. Join the group and read post #18 which is my take on the phone. Another site to check would be epinions.com. The major benefit of the Allure over the 8260 is voice-dialing.

Click link below:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanAllure

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I just picked up the Allure on Thursday, after having the 8260 for a year. This week I'll be able to really compare it to the 8260, but so far I have been happy with the features.

4. VetteXP

VetteXP New Member

I just picked up an Allure on Thursday, having had an 8260 for about a year. Over the next week or so, I'll be able to really test how it does, but so far I've been happy with it, and am not missing my 8260.

5. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Kevin,

Have you used the panasonic promax. I have one on a trial with at&t and so far am not impressed. the speaker is soft and does not have very good voice quality. I wonder if I got a bad one or if its service in my area.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Jack,

I have not used the Promax but I have read bad reviews on it. The Allure is fine for me, but some on my "PanAllure" Yahoo Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanAllure) have mentioned that the speaker was too soft for them. I have also noted the raspiness of the speaker. However, I was talking from inside my home on a long-distance call recently, using the speaker-phone function and the person I called thought I was talking on a landline. So on their end, it is apparently clear.

I can live with the tinny or raspy sound, I've gotten used to it. Admittedly, the Nokia phones sound a bit better. Just to grade the phone for you: Even when the Nokia 6360 (or 6340) become available, I am not so sure I'll want to change phones. Those phones are listed as only being able to voice-dial 10 numbers. The Allure is twice that.

You are welcome to email me personally. See my profile.

Kevin