Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 8260 Vibrate Will not Work

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by GregF, Aug 6, 2002.

1. GregF

GregF New Member

My Nokia 8260 vibrate mode stopped working yesterday. Phone is out of warranty - any suggestions how it can be fixed?

2. rbw411

rbw411 Junior Member

Have someone take apart the phone and look at the connections, either it is off or water damaged. They usually just don't go bad. Have you dropped it lately or change the faceplate. Its a simple fix.

3. parthery

parthery Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9810
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The vibrate motors have been known to break. You can take it to a Cingular company store and they will fix it....prob. around $25-$30 for a new vibrate motor.

PS- Doesn't matter who your service is with. All Cingular Corporate stores with Service Centers are Nokia Authorized Service Centers and they will repair it..regardless of if you are with US Cell, AT&T, SunCom, etc...

4. tino

tino Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless, at&t
    correct they will repair other carriers phones but it will cost you a little more....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

if you changed your faceplate beofre then dotn get one from cingualr or whereevcer do it yourslef much less frustration. my motor on my 8260 went out about 3 months ago. so i was doin some searchin and found this cool site for all oem parts and its cheep. i replaced teh motor and its all good now http://www.awswireless.com/

6. rbw411

rbw411 Junior Member

they don't sell the vib motor.. if you are still interested email me.. rbw411@yahoo.com
    I have many nokia parts, all oem. (i just stripped 10 various nokia phones.)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

they dont sell teh vib motor look again go to nokia then to 8260 halfway down on the right
    Nokia Internal Vibrator Motor [87365]
    $10.00
    MoreInfo

8. rbw411

rbw411 Junior Member

well you told me.. sorry.. i would have given it for free, but with the attitudes on here I won't even sell it.

9. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

10. p010sp0rt8

p010sp0rt8 New Member

sometimes the motor dies, but sometimes it's just the connection all u need to do is pull the prongs out more for the motor and it should fix it.. if it doesn't.. u need to buy a new motor... if you have any electrical stuff at ur place you can check out the motor if it is working or not by puttin a pos and neg charge to the ends of the prongs.. if it spins ur in luck.. if not.. ur SOL

11. Guest

Guest Guest

p010sp0rt8,

What would the specs be when you test the motor (i.e., voltage) ?

Thanks!