Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 8260 problems

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by JBradM, Oct 24, 2001.

1. JBradM

JBradM Junior Member

Alright here I go.....I have the Nokia 8260, I love it, but I have had problems with the first one I have! I woudl be talking to someone and my phone would show full coverage and I could hear them perfect but they couldnt hear me but in parts or not at all! So they said something was wrong witht he phone and gave me another...well today I was standing outside full coverage and they couldnt hear me....now you never know it could be something other than my phone since this is the first time it has happened with this one but I was wondering has anyone else had that problem? I really want to keep this phone becuase it is perfect for me....i get good coverage believe it or not with the internal anntenna but they said the anntenna wasnt the problem! Let me hear your thoughts!
    Brad

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

I am guessing that you have ATT or another plan on TDMA. Is this when you are in one area or it happens wherever you are?

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    JBradM,

Being a PC support person, I usually find that the obvious question(s) are the ones that never get asked. So even though they may sound stupid, I have to start with them....

1. Are you speaking loud enough to be heard? (Most people, especially my wife, talk much too loud on their cellphones. But I have also seen the opposite--people speaking in low tone while in a busy interesection.)

2. Is you hand (fingers) covering the mic? (Due the unit being so small, that may be the case.)

Try a hands-free unit and see if that fixes the problem.

Kevin

4. JBradM

JBradM Junior Member

No that ok! I woudl do something stupid liek that! I held it properly without touching the mic or the antenna and still incountered the problem! and I spoke clearly I am loud as hell LOL! It is just like the thing is on mute or somtehing!

5. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    JBradM:

In that case, did you also consider Dobby's questions? If it happens in several settings then I would conclude you have yet another defective phone.

Sorry, but I am at a loss for anything else. I usually enjoy these brain teasers and in fact I've been pondering it on and off all day. Take it to ATT and have them test it.

Kevin

6. JBradM

JBradM Junior Member

Well I think it happens when my phone says suncom on it....is that what you are asking? I am not sure...but I would be 90% sure that the phone is using a suncom tower or the phone says suncom! I hope to goodness that I dont have another defective phone! I mean honestly I dont know if I can get back into a 8260 after that! Could it be that maybe they were just having trouble with the towers or soemthing that day!?

7. Leah

Leah Junior Member

That IS the magic Question....Does it happen EVERYWHERE , ALL OF THE TIME, if yes, its your phone, it "no', probably the service....if you call customer care, and tell them the problem, and location they can put in a "trouble ticket" for you, and I know SunCom actually has techs that drive out to the area and take readings.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I have an 8260 also and for the last 4 or 5 months have had a lot of truoble with it and At&t service too. I took my phone in and the At&t store clerk said that they have had some software problems with them and that customer care was not that helpfull. You had to call another 800 # to get help. I lost the # so I am going back to the store. You shoul to.