Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 8260 analog reception

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, May 5, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am unhappy with the analog reception on my week old 8260. I have a Nokia 252 that gets great signal in my house and inside buildings. There is one building where the 252 is perfect and the 8260 says "no service". There is a dramatic drop in signal strength on the 8260 3 miles from my house but the 252 signal is very strong. I did find a statement in the manual that says "This phone is optimized for digital service in a compact size. Therefore, when your phone is operating in analog mode, the service area in which you can place and receive calls may be smaller." Is this problem related to the size of this phone? Would the Nokia 3360 receive digital and analog better? I want to receive both equally well. Or is this too much to expect? Thank you from the housewife.

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    It could be the phone if it states that in the manual then. I have a Nokia 5165 and my phone does fine in analog mode, the Nokia 5165's seem to do really well in Digital and Analog mode so you may want to think about checking out one of them. It's a good phone, slightly bulky though and could use a bit more battery life, but none the less I recommend it for its great signal quality.