Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 808

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by palandri, Aug 21, 2012.

1. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I got my wife a Nokia 808 for her birthday. It has a 41MP camera and is available from Amazon. It's a pentaband GSM phone so it works on AT&T or T-Mobile. She was using a Nokia N8 before. I was experimenting with some closeup shots with the 808.

nokia808p1.jpg

nokia808p2.jpg

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Nice pictures, thanks.

You are the first that I know actually got one, it is Symbian, correct? What made you decide on the 808, just curious? :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    My wife likes photography and she had a Nokia N8 so she was already use to the Symbian 3 operating system. :cool:

#3 palandri, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. motorhead

motorhead New Member

Well, it is great that you bought for your wife a Nokia 808. But is it really having the 41MP camera. Chances are there that it could have more than 41MP camera sensors. If you compare a Samsung jet S8000 that has 5 MP camera and an Apple iPhone which has the same MP camera, you are bound to notice a great difference between them. Even though both the phones have the same 5 MP camera sensors, the picture quality will be different.

Surprising, isn’t? That is something I have been pondering for a long time. The same can be said about the Nokia 808. You cannot confirm and say that it is a 41 MP camera. It could be less than 41 MP or even more than that. The basic concept likes in the technology that is used.

5. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  6. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    That's an excellent review. Thanks for sharing.

Another good thing you can get from Digital Photography sites is reviews of Memory Cards. Some of them do some real intensive testing of memory cards. Read time, write time, rewrite performance...etc...Memory cards are critical to digital photographers who have to take a lot fast, high MP shots. Memory card performance is important for our mobile phones. From some of the reviews I have read, Lexar seems to be the memory card of choice to digital photographers. I always thought SanDisk made the best memory cards

7. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    #7 palandri, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    2 people like this.