Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 7360

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by cubgirl, Dec 2, 2008.

1. cubgirl

cubgirl New Member

I like the Nokia 7360. However I do not think you can buy it in the US. I can purchase it and send it here, but I need to find a network that will allow me to use an outside phone. It works on the GSM 900, 1800 and 1900 so it should work here in the US as long as it is unlocked. I am currently with verizon wireless and they assure me they will not allow anyone to use a phone outside of what they sell (which is only 2 Nokia at the time and both are flips- I will only use Nokia and I will not use flips).
    Does anyone know a carrier that will allow purchased outside of carrier phones and will allow this particualr phone?

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Both national GSM carriers (AT&T & T-Mobile) will allow that, but AT&T is running 850MHz in addition to the 1900MHz, so the phone will work poorly on the AT&T network. T-Mobile native coverage is all 1900MHz, so you will only lose 850MHz roaming.

3. cubgirl

cubgirl New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. However, you surpassed my knowledge on one point. If I lose the 850 what will I lose exactly? Will I still have the basci functions of the phone such as voice, text and multimedia. I have sent an e-mail to t-moble based on your response. Again thank you.

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Without 850 on the phone you will not be able to use towers broadcasting on that band. AT&T has many 850 towers, but TMO has mostly 1900.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Cubgirl, you will not be able to use the phone everywhere that you could use a phone that has both 850 & 1900, since you will only get reception from the 1900 towers.

I would strongly recommend that you do some research on which provider works best in your area before deciding to go with T-Mobile, AT&T etc, otherwise you will end up with a phone that you cannot use successfully.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to WA, let us know what you ended up doing.

Good luck. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Cubgirl,

as others suggested you need to figure out whether those carriers have any coverage in the areas you will be using the phone. T-Mobile Coverage Viewer is fairly conservative and should give you an accurate picture of the coverage. Unfortunately, same can not be said about AT&T Coverage Viewer — plus there's no way to separate the coverage by band (850 vs. 1900). So do your research carefully.

7. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    Here at GSM World are different maps of the the 850 and 1900 MHz coverage of AT&T Mobility.

COtech