Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

nokia 7210

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by ksaav, Jan 9, 2003.

1. ksaav

ksaav New Member

I will buy this incredible mobile phone in australia GSM 900, and I am taking it to Chile GSM 1900 they run on gsm both countries and the phone is triband, so this telephones need to be un locked ?? for what ?? and How you unlock a phone?? the australian operator has to do this ??wht if he doesn´t??

2. modaimp

modaimp New Member

You only need to unlock a phone if you are trying to switch providers. You are just switching bands which doesn't require doing more than just getting off the plane and turning it on.

3. ksaav

ksaav New Member

but I am swithching providers, I won´t use the original SIM card, the original Operator Is Optus, and the new one Entel PCS, so .......................[​IMG]

4. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Did you get it from a provider, or did you just get it off eBay or from retailer?

5. ksaav

ksaav New Member

I got it from a provider (optus), and the sim stays in australia.

6. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

It may be locked, but to tell if it's locked, you'll have to put another provider's SIM in it. If it says it won't accept it, then you know it's locked.

I may be able to unlock it, but I will need the IMEI # to know for sure.