Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 7210 with ATTWS - Should I do it?!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Tennberg, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Tennberg

Tennberg New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently called my local AT&T Wireless store and asked them if they were able to honor the instant rebates that show up on ATTWS.com. They said if the instant rebate was on the site, they would honor it. In addition. when I spoke to a rep at AT&T about getting an upgrade credit, they said that when I upgraded to a new phone, I can get a $30 credit.

So...I noticed on AT&T's website today that the Nokia 7210, which normally sells for $249.99, is going for $149.99 after a $100 instant rebate. Add on to that the $30 credit I have, and I could get the 7210 for $119.99. Is that worth it?

I currently have a Nokia 8260, and am wanting to make the jump to GSM. I figure I want to stay with Nokia since I've always had good luck with their phones and have enjoyed them immensely.

Let me know your thoughts...

2. mLife2003

mLife2003 Member

I think since you are getting migrated from TDMA to GSM, you don't get upgrade credits. You are treated as a new GSM customer and get the retail price with the rebate (where available) for any phone. So you would probably pay $149.99 not $119.99. Remeber, GSM service w/ ATT is really spotty now. Coverage won't equal to that of their TDMA network until September 2003.

3. buzzboy01

buzzboy01 New Member

mlife is right...be sure to check out the coverage in the areas that you use the phone... If it's there it's good and you should switch. I really like the data service that ATT provides...it works great and the cost isn't that out of line. As far as the phone, if you haven't purchased one yet I would look at the new ones that they are offering now. I played with the 7210..it's not that impressive.