Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 7210 - My Experience

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by aiwapro, Oct 3, 2002.

1. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Ok, I just received my Nokia 7210s' in today. I have one for myself now, and I must say, it's the best phone I have ever used, as far as everything goes; Including reception (RF), call-quality, wireless internet, size of phone, weight, and features.

The phone's reception is great. The signal strenght gives you a whopping 7 bars to view the signal of your phone. I've never seen a phone like that. The phone picks up almost full-frequency in places that my Nokia 8390 got one-bar. The 8390 is an excellent, well built phone too, not cheap; So for the 7210 to have that much better reception, is like unbelieveable.

The call-quality of the 7210 is nice. It's crystal clear. It doesn't static at all, but neither has any of my phones, except for the Motorola P280 I had; It sometimes did.

The internet on this phone seems a bit faster than my 8390. It's not that much of a difference, but it counts. With the feature of the color screen, it underlines and colors links in blue, just as a computer does. I haven't come across any color wap sites yet, but when I do I will let you all know.

The size and weight of the phone is beyond my expectations. It is only a little taller than my 8390, but it somehow weighs less than, and it has a color screen and all. That's a mystery...

Ok, now for the features. The phone has tons of features. It has a 4,096 color screen, which is nice and birght. It is perfectly viewable outside in sunlight too, unlike some color screen phones that go
    pitch-black in direct sunlight. The 4,096 colors in this Nokia 7210 blow away the 256 colors in the Sony Ericsson T68m/i. The 7210 also has a full viewable calendar, where you can see all 30/31 days of the month on the screen at one time. The phone also has this application called Currency. It's not just a regular currency converter. It converts everything. It converts weight, temperature, money, measurements, and more.

I still haven't cycled through the whole phone, but I will add more to this as I come across stuff.

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That sounds great Chris. I like that phone. I have noticed the new Nokias coming with bigger screens, like the 6300 series, have 6 or 7 bars for the signal indicator. But I'm sure you are aware that if you get 3 bars on the 7210 and 1 bar in the 8390 doesn't necessarily mean you have a stronger signal in the 7210 because the 7210 breaks the signal indicator into more steps. The RSSI reading in the Test screen is how you can accurately compare signal reception.
    Is it about the size of the 3300 series? How about polyphonic ringtones? Are ringtones loud enough? Is the earpiece louder than the 3390/3395? I'm sure with newer electronic manufacturing techniques you can pack more features into a phone and make it smaller and lighter. The faster Internet I'm sure is due to its faster processor. It needs more processing power to drive that color screen.
    Also, let us know how battery life is.

Another thing, how does the keypad feel? It looks like it would be awkward to use because of the shape. Is it comfortable to use?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mrnokia

mrnokia Senior Member

I don't know why bobolito but you sound as if you are jealous of aiwapro? possibly trying to compete right now with him stating which features he hasn't, has, and should state. you should put your writing tone, and speaking tone into consideration when socializing with others. [​IMG]

p.s. Tight Aiwapro!

4. aiwapro

Yeah, I know just because it breaks it down more, it doesn't mean that the signal is stronger. I was just letting you all know how it breaks the signal down.

The size of the phone is smaller than the 3300 series. It is the same width as the 8390, but just a little bit taller than the 8390, because it has a bigger screen of course.

The polyphonic ringtones are absolutely THE BEST. They are very loud, and have bass to them. The phone alse vibrates along with the beat of the ringtone.

Yes, the earpiece is louder than the 3300 series and the 8390. What's neat, it that the volume button on the side of the phone blends in with the phone itself. It took me forever to find that button.

I will report on the battery life later on. I just fully charged it last night, so I will see how long that gets me. It might not be long though, because I have been talking on it a whole whole lot, but we will see.

The one thing that stuns me is that my phones says "T-Mobile," and not Voicestream or VStream like it ues to. The thing is, it takes a combination of a new SIM Card, and a new phone with the updated software to for the phone to show T-Mobile. I only have the new phone; I don't have the new SIM. My Sim is almost 2 years old. That's weird, but I'm glad to see T-Mobile instead of VStream.

By the way 'bobolito,' thanks for the 7210 logos. It looks much better now doens't it?

5. Hobbes

Hobbes Junior Member

I definitely want one of those phones. That said, I can't afford $600 for one now. Any idea when T-mobile will have them for sale with contracts? If so, any idea how much they will run?

6. aiwapro

Actually, it's questionable if T-Mobile is going to get them now. I talked to some people inside T-Mobile, and they said that they don't think they are getting them, and in their upcoming phones list; It's not in there.

7. Hobbes

Hobbes Junior Member

Well, if need be I guess I'll just have to purchase one out of pocket. Damn I wish my Verizon contract was up sooner...

I would think that phone would be a huge marketing tool for T-mobile though. I was going to switch to T-mobile anyway, but if I weren't I know that phone alone would be enough to drag me over to them (and I know lots of people that feel the same way).

8. aiwapro

I feel the same way. I hope they get it, but if they don't, it will be their lose. You still can't use that phone with Verizon as you know, so you still should switch to T-Mobile.

Well, I have the phone is you become interested.

9. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Damn you go through so many phones! This really looks like the one you will stick with for awhile. Sounds great! If only Verizon would come out with a phone like this! Glad you like it, who wouldn't?! Keep us updated!

10. mrnokia

mrnokia Senior Member

I am also sick of verizon. they should make the switch of networks -

die hard nokia fan?
    get an unlocked nokia cellular phone of your choice
    so that it will work on YOUR cell phone provider
    from nokia to samsung to ericsson
    we have all of 'em unlocked phones

making dreams become a reality..
    http://alienwireless.cjb.net

contact
    aim: ceoncorporation
    email: alienwireless@hotmail.com

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I too am sick of Verizon.. at least their phones. I know that their service is the best in the USA, (don't even bother to argue it!) Verizon has the largest digital coverage (contary to sprint that has "the largest all digital" Because Verizon has analog roaming.

When Sprint Vision came out, I was going to switch to them (but now VERY glad I didn't!)

I had Voicestream Service before right when I moved to the US.. Die hard GSM/NOKIA fan. But found their coverage to be so weak when leaving the city.

Now that the 7210 has come out, I have to have one... But now it looks that VoiceStream's lineup of phones completley sucks... No 8390? No 7210? 8850/90? They used to have the best phones but now they are on par with AT&T/Cingular. If not, AT&T/Cingular are better!!

Anyone know inside e-mails at VoiceStream? Just want to drop someone a line and rough up whoevers choosing the sucky phone lineup!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I myself, having verizon wireless is deeply dissapointed in the phones too! I just wish that they would have something small and cute and sleek like the 3390 or something, but because of using a cdma technology they HAVE to HAVE extendable antennnas, which is the turn off of all their phones. I think my phone plan (familyplan) is over next summer - which is so far away.. i want it to be up soon so i can make the switch to a different provider, prefferably att wireless, or t-mobile. t-mobile phone selection is alright, they used to be all caught up w/ cingular and att but now they are falling behind, and not getting the 7210 would make them deeply fall behind. I still believe that they are okae, atleast they have the Nokia 3390.

die hard nokia fan?
    get an unlocked nokia cellular phone of your choice
    so that it will work on YOUR cell phone provider
    (LIKE t-mobile since they dont have a big sleection of phones)
    from nokia to samsung to ericsson
    we have all of 'em unlocked phones

making dreams become a reality..
    http://alienwireless.cjb.net

contact
    aim: ceoncorporation
    email: alienwireless@hotmail.com

13. Hobbes

Hobbes Junior Member

I have a question for you Christopher. While I want the 7210, the price is a bit steep for me at this time. Do you still consider the 8390 a good alternate? I know from what I've read that you prefer the 7210, but the 8390 is significantly cheaper. What do you think?

14. aiwapro

The 8390 is a good phone. That is what I use to use. It worked great.

What are you willing to spend on a Nokia 7210? Email me and we can maybe work out a deal, because you seem very interested, and I wouldn't want you to have your hopes up for a 7210, and when you get an 8390, be dissatisfied with it. Just email me, but do it soon, because I'm about to make another order, and I may be able to give you the deal that you want, if you wish to order very soon: aiwapro@msn.com

15. JustJoe

JustJoe New Member

Another nice alternative to the 8390 is the 6590. It's the same size as the 8390, features an improved XHTML web browser, and a built-in FM radio. It's currently available from AT&T Wireless in GSM markets.

16. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Well mrnokia, I am sorry to learn that you believe I am so immature. I am a technology enthusiast not a teenage show-off. Cellphones is definitely something I don't need to compete or be jealous about. If Aiwapro has a nice looking 7210, I am glad that he's enjoying it, so good for him! I have my old clunky and outdated 3360. But guess what? we both can talk on it and use the minutes we are paying for and that's all I am interested in. I'm just asking the guy some questions because I am interested in learning about the phone. After all, this is why we all come to this forum for. It turns out that if it weren't for my questions, you wouldn't have learned so much about the 7210 as you did, now would you? When you ask questions about a product that you've never seen before you have to use a point of reference as I did with the 3390. Is there anything wrong with this? I wish you would've given me the benefit of the doubt before jumping to those conclusions you stated. Let's concentrate on learning about wireless equipment and technology and not on what we think others should do.

By the way, thanks Aiwapro for your information. Your icon looks much better now. [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. aiwapro

Yeah, thanks for the icons.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

i spoke with an att wireless rep & he told me they are looking to the the 7210 in Dec/Jan [& i'm hoping its true!]

19. Guest

Guest Guest

T-Mobile Suck ...The Best My ___

20. aiwapro

Kiss their a**.

21. mrnokia

mrnokia Senior Member

I haven't yet had experience with t-mobile, but in the east bay in califnoria and many, many other paces they are viewed as a joke - also stated on major cable networks such as CNN. Att Wireless will carry for sure the Nokia 7210 but will not be sure when it will be released Dec/Jan. Another form of proof is on their Nokia phone rebate slip it states "and if/when the Nokia is released prior to this experiation date" so you can use the Nokia 7210 and get a rebate.

T-Mobile coverage also is 1 out of 5- with wireless, what you pay is what you get. So if it's cheap, so is everything else.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

T-Mobile has the best GSM coverage in the U.S. what are you talking about

23. Guest

Guest Guest

I have T-Mobile at the moment and have NO problems whatsoever with service. They are a great GSM provider and I am very happy with my service.

24. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Senior Member

Keep in mind that the level of service can vary greatly from market to market. Just because it's good for you in location X doesn't mean it can't be crappy in location Y.

As for T-Mobile having "the best GSM coverage in the US" that really isn't saying much. The competition is just getting GSM rolled out. Plus it still says nothing about performance in any particular market.

25. Niteliferyder420

Niteliferyder420 Junior Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU GET TACTILE FEEDBACK ON THE NOKIA 7210!?!?!?!?! I'VE ASKED THAT QUESTION SOOOO MANY TIMES SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER!

26. aiwapro

What is that?

27. TheSaxMan

TheSaxMan New Member

Tactile meaning sense of touch. In this they mean do you feel the buttons come up and they feel more like buttons. Im not an owner of the phone but reviews do state good tactile feedback!!

28. aiwapro

Yes you do, but even more on the S105. You can feel the button come back before you even take your ahnd off of it.

29. Niteliferyder420

Niteliferyder420 Junior Member

Ok thank you for finally telling me.

30. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you get T-Mobile in Delaware then you must be smoking weed, terrible terrible coverage.