Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

nokia 6822 and t-mobile

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by gyrlonfilm, Jan 25, 2006.

1. gyrlonfilm

gyrlonfilm New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Cliq
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    hi all. my brother recently bought the new nokia 6822 on ebay. he wanted it to replace his nokia 6800. he wanted a camera phone but with the flip-top keyboard like the 6800, so he found the 6822.

does anyone know if this phone will be available through t-mobile soon, or if they will even pick it up?

he is unable to download ringtones or anything since t-mobile doesn't support the phone (yet?)

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Your brother should go online to myt-mobile.com and select the ringtones and wallpapers he wants there. The 6822 is an unsupported handset, and the system knows this, so it will ask him to select a model and he should choose the 6800, if that is the closest phone to the one he has now. The software versions of the two phones will be different so this may not work but they should be similar enough that the ringtones and wallpapers will work correctly.

This is what I did with my v620. I used GPRS to go to T-Zones and tried to download a ringtone and a wallpaper but T-Zones told me that my phone was unsupported so I went online and told the website that I was using a v600. Then I was able to select the items to download and they were sent to my phone in seconds. The v600 uses a 'Triplets' software verzion and my v620 uses an 'R376' software version but because they are both similar Motos, the downloads worked.

This is by no means a guaranteed method of success, only what has worked for me in the past. Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gyrlonfilm

gyrlonfilm New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Cliq
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    thank you so much for your response. i will tell my brother to try what you suggested.