Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6820, 3120

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by charlyee, Feb 18, 2005.

1. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Need help choosing a basic phone for "significant other" coming form a 5 year old Nokia 5165. Good Rf and Tri/Quad Band necessary. Camera is ok but not essential. Happy with Nokia so want it to be a Nokia handset and on Cingular.

Phonescoop rates both these phones to be about the same. Please give me some recommendations.

Thank you :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShoresGuy

ShoresGuy Euer WA Experte in Europa

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    E-Plus (BASE 12 month flatrate)/Vodafone Germany
    Well the 6820 is a good investment if you send a lot of SMS. You can use the QWERTY keyboard to type faster. Here you have more internal memory for Java Games for example.

The 3120 is the most basic, cheap Nokia triband model on the market at the moment. It is the new brother to the 3100.

I haven't used these models myself but those two are also quite different from one another. The 6820 has Bluetooth for instance.

http://www.nokia.com/phones/compare...uage=EN&pageaction=COMP&phone=6820&phone=3120

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thank you ShoresGuy, it seems like 3120 would be the way to go? Any input on RF and overall quality on this phone?

4. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Hard to say, I would assume that the RF performance would be consistent with the quality you get with all Nokia phones these days. The only way to see which one suits that aspect would to be to test one through a 30-day trial.

:)

5. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Yes you are right, that is the way to go. Actually my choices are quite limited on this selection. Nokia only offers these two as basic triband phones for Cingular. I have always been pleased with the Nokia RF so I am thinking I can't go wrong by recommending the 3120, fortunately my "SO" is not as picky with phones as I am..LOL.

Thanks for your help ShoresGuy. :)

6. ShoresGuy

My Phone:
    HTC/T-Mobile MDA II PPC
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Anytime, enjoy the phone :).