Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6800 - Some questions

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Phokus, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Phokus

Phokus New Member

Hey guys, i'm thinking of buying the nokia 6800 (with AT&T service) but i have a few questions before i do:

1) Does it have vibrating alert? I looked on nokia's website and it doesn't mention anything about it. I did a google search and it seems a lot of british websites say it does (maybe it's only in the euro version???)

2) Does it have a standard headset jack (i think they call it a 2.5 mm jack or something)? I want to use a third party headset and i hate nokia's proprietary connection for their older phones.

3) Is there good software available for download? Where can i download more software? I want to use this like a PDA and it seems to lack a lot of features that a standard palm, for example, has. I'd like to be able to balance my checkbook, make a grocery list, and do anything i could with a palm pilot.

4) How much memory does it have? Can you upgrade the memory?

Thanks in advance!

2. CingularTech

CingularTech Junior Member

Let me try this
    1) yes, it has vib
    2) no standard headset port, uses what Nokia calls a POP port
    3) any Java midlet should work, try matrixm for those
    4) not sure on the amount of memory available, but i do know you cant add any more

3. Ton1

Ton1 Junior Member