Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6610 as a backup

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by delpi, Jun 1, 2006.

1. delpi

delpi New Member

I've just purchased a new T-Mobile RAZR. Since I didn't care about keeping my old number, I took advantage of Costco's 29.95 offer.

So, I now have an old Nokia 6610 which I have unlocked. As a backup I'd like to be able to put my new SIM card in the old phone and use it.

However, when I do so, the Nokia demands a Security Code and I have no idea what that is. I've never changed and security settings on that phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Dave

2. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Try 12345. That's the default on my Nokia 6200. Or see if you can get the 6610 user manual, which should be on the Nokia site. The default security code should be there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SteveW

SteveW Battery mgmt is my life

My Phone:
    T-Mo G2, LG CU500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    BTW, don't guess - my user manual says

"Note: If you enter the wrong security code five times in succession,
    you will not be able to enter a code for five minutes, even if you
    power off the phone between incorrect entries."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...