Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Nokia 6385 for Verizon?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Vipthomps, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Vipthomps

Vipthomps New Member

I've seen this phone on websites and the FCC archives. Looks great and really good battery life. I know its not BREW enabled so thats one point against it. However it has everything else verizon requires...wondering if anyone has the inside scoop on this phones release date (and if its for Verizon or only sprint)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

If its CDMA, then only Verizon "could" use it. From what I understand and read in this forum, Nokia phones don't work too well on CDMA networks like Verizon. Anyone else care to share any input in this?

JOE

3. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Nokia's CDMA phones work fine now. At first I don't think they did, but all the newer ones do. My 5185i on Verizon works fine along with my friends Eric, Nicole, JC, and my cousin. Not to mention another person I know who has the newest nokia CDMA phone the 3285, so thats 6 people who are happy with them on Verizon.

4. BobMaz

BobMaz New Member

I live in Buffalo, New York and have Verizon as my cellular provider. My Nokia 5185i and my dads Nokia 3285 work great on their network. We have never had any problems at all. We've had excellent reception even in rural areas and never a dropped call.